1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Looking to buy a new plow!

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by Bigrd1, Dec 8, 2010.

1. Bigrd1

Bigrd1 Senior Member

I'm not really new to the industry but I am looking to purchase a new blade.
    I really like the fisher Xblade stainless. what's everyones thoughts on these?
    I usto have western ultramount 8'.

2. mycirus

mycirus Senior Member
    from Mass

My brother had one for 8 years. It was a great plow. I wouldnt mind one for my truck but it came with an HD.

3. If I could buy another plow today I would go with a 9 2 fisher ss xblade :)

4. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

dealer support is more important then brand

5. STIHL GUY

STIHL GUY Senior Member
    from CT

that is definitely something to think of when making your purchase

6. Bigrd1

Bigrd1 Senior Member

I have thought about dealer support. There's quite a few fisher and plenty of western dealers around me. I know most of the parts are interchangeable.

7. BlackBirdWS.6

BlackBirdWS.6 Member

I believe that's one of the most important things, I run Meyer plows and Meyer is 10 min away from me and during big storms they will be open all day and get you in and out in a flash.

8. Bigrd1

Bigrd1 Senior Member

Thanks for all the help! I went out and got an 8'6" stainless xBlade and i like it alot