1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Looking to buy a Dodge

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by jdgreen454, Aug 5, 2010.

1. jdgreen454

jdgreen454 Junior Member

I've been looking at purchasing a new (to me) truck for a while now. I am currently looking at a 2005 Dodge 2500 quad cab short box hemi with 128,000 mi on it. Are the new hemi's pretty dependable motors, are there any issues with them? The dealership wants $14,900 for the truck. I don't know if this is reasonable price or not? The asking price is in my spending range but the miles are making me wonder if it's worth the payment. thanks
  2. swtiih

swtiih PlowSite.com Addict

way to much, keep looking
  3. plowguy43

plowguy43 PlowSite Fanatic

I got mine with 60k miles on it, full fisher MM setup, hide away strobes, dual exhaust, K&N intake, and a cap (I sold) for $14K. Keep looking!

Otherwise they are reliable motors.
  4. Falcon121

Falcon121 Junior Member

Yep way to much. I have an 05 1500 with a 139k mi with the HEMI and I'm on my third transmission (no plowing with the truck). All happened under 100k mi so it only cost the dealer money, no problems since. Knock on wood. My advice keep on looking.
  5. plowguy43

plowguy43 PlowSite Fanatic

Interesting about the tranny, its a reliable piece if the truck isn't modified.

Was it the 2nd prime that went out on it?-just wondering
  6. Falcon121

Falcon121 Junior Member

The truck wasn't modified in that aspect. I don't think the dealer ever figured out what was wrong, only thing I had left was drive (3rd gear) and reverse. They had the truck for 6 weeks replacing anything they could think of until they just replaced the whole transmission. The second time I took it to them it started to do the same thing. It had 99,960 miles on it when I dropped it off and they told me "We'll have to talk to the manager because your warranty is ALMOST expired." I said it is, ALMOST and I want it fixed. I had to fight them every inch of the way, they kept it another month then finally replaced it again. No problems since, Knock on wood.
  7. swtiih

swtiih PlowSite.com Addict

I'll bet you loved hearing those words (ALMOST").
  8. Falcon121

Falcon121 Junior Member

From that dealership I expected that. Everything that needed to be fixed that was covered under warranty, I had to argue and argue to get them to do their job.
  9. TPC Services

TPC Services Senior Member

sell you mine 08' CTD CC Laramie 4x4 75K $32,000 (LOL) all new front end still has 25K miles left on extended warrenty.
  10. chugbug

chugbug Junior Member
    from Ohio

Buy one with a Cummins. They hold their value good. If you get a diesel, you'll not go back to gas again.