1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Looking to buy a Boss Poly V today! Pro and Cons anything i should check out?

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by HULK2184, Dec 29, 2008.

1. HULK2184

HULK2184 Member

Hello im new to this site seems to have a lot of good information. Im looking at a Poly V plow with hand controller and smartlock arms just wondering what the pros and cons are. Is there anything that i should make sure and check before i buy this plow. Never had a V blade before or a poly not sure what i should look for. They want 4700$ install with new mount and wires and with hand remote. here are some pics please help if you can thank.

2. sealer700

sealer700 Junior Member

Good Luck with the Boss. You will love it. I have owned them for years without any issues at all, Very reliable
  3. LawnProLandscapes

LawnProLandscapes PlowSite.com Addict

looks clean, i paid 4200 for mine used installed with handheld. do the wings come with it that are on the one in the pic? if they do there worth a good 600+ new. check over hoses, look at the plow side 13 pin plug for any bent pins(mine just broke one and i heard there a common prob.) look for any cracks in welds or cracked paint where the metal may have stressed. looks like they kept it clean, theres not any rust i can see in the pics. good luck with it i love mine 2 years without any major problems.
  4. erkoehler

erkoehler PlowSite Veteran

Is that for a new plow or a used one? What size?

If it is new that is a decent price, if it is used the price seems high.
  5. BMWSTUD25

BMWSTUD25 Senior Member

never owned a poly so no help there but the V's are the way to go......they do everything a straight blade will and then some! BOSS makes great products and I assure you that you wont regret the decision....price seems a little high if its used but at least the mount and more importantly the wiring will be all NEW
  6. gusdust

gusdust Senior Member

I bought a 9-2 poly used 5 yrs. ago and really like it. Supposedly heavier than steel? The framework, I was told. Yours has the wings also? Not sure from the pics, but it looks like your cutting edges might be getting worn. Mine wear faster in the center, some wear faster on the outsides. If you're having it installed, make sure you put whatever ballast in first or let them know so they set it up right to compensate. I need to research how to adjust mine so they wear more even. I put the timbrens on my super duty real soon after the plow because it's so heavy. If you don't have suspension help, you will soon after. Enjoy.
  7. HULK2184

HULK2184 Member

I bought a truck and the plow i will put pics up today sometime!! Im really excited to go and plow
  8. Turbodiesel

Turbodiesel Senior Member

9. LawnProLandscapes

LawnProLandscapes PlowSite.com Addict

good to hear what kind of truck? cant wait to see the pics
  10. HULK2184

HULK2184 Member

Here are a few Pics, Got some work that im going to do still.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2009
  11. HULK2184

HULK2184 Member

I added the tail gate in stead of the normal one

12. gusdust

gusdust Senior Member

Truck looks pretty good. I like that body style. I have a 00 with the same vee and also a rear plow. I put one of those gates on also. Can see better and get salt bags, shovels out a lot easier for a short guy. Congrats. Have fun.
  13. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping PlowSite.com Addict

Nice truck!
  14. framer1901

framer1901 Senior Member

I'd put alot of weight in the rear or that 9'er will be driving not you. Now granted my 250 is a gasser but with the 9', it's a bit much, the 8' gets you knocked around. Now the 9' on the diesel loaded down and it's just like going to get groceries.
  15. HULK2184

HULK2184 Member

Thanks guys!! I love the truck and hope to add on to it next year, would like a back blade and a 9ft V but ill see what happens the rest of the winter, more snow = more money = BIGGER TOYS!! :)
  16. Runner

Runner Senior Member

NICE truck! That baby is clean! You have a nice setup, now. Hook yourself up with a spreader, and you're all set. Where abouts are you?
  17. HULK2184

HULK2184 Member

Thanks!! I am located in Grand Rapids. I am looking at spreaders now, not sure if i will get one this year but for sure next.
  18. White Knight

White Knight Member

First off hulk2184 nice set up looks like your ready to have some fun. 2nd gusdust, try and move the rubber spacer between the center section and the pushframe. in will bring the center of the plow down out will lower the outside edges. if it is already all the way in you might need a spacer.
  19. gusdust

gusdust Senior Member

Thanks White Knight. I looked in my manual but can't find anything about the rubber spacer. In, toward truck, brings center down? Slid out, toward plow, brings outside down? It is all the way towards truck now so I'll move it out.
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2009
  20. gusdust

gusdust Senior Member

Just checked it out in better light. Now I know what you mean and how it works. It's slid all the way toward the truck so my plow frame must be too high.