1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Looking to buy a 99-02 chevy 2500hd

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by CSLC, Jan 6, 2009.

1. CSLC

CSLC Senior Member

I am looking to buy a 99-02 chevy 2500hd ext cab long box 4x4. Diesel or Gas, What is everyone take on this truck? Should I go with a gas or diesel? What kind of problems should I look or ask for? I do not know if I am putting a plow on it right away but how do they handle plowing? What kind of blades are good for them? I am in Syracuse, NY. Also if anyone knows of one in good shape for sale? What kind of price range is acceptable?:salute:

2. mayhem

mayhem PlowSite.com Addict
    from Peru MA

I have a 2000 2500 ec short bed truck and its been a great vehicle. The one big issue I have is the rear corners of the cab's rocker panels seem to be prone to rust. My driver's side is swiss cheese and the passenger side isn't far behind. I've noticed it on other silverados and sierras of the same series, but only on the extended cabs...I ahve never seen this on a crew cab or regula cab truck. Any truck you look at, make sure the check the rocker panels for rust and/or softness where rust is forming...it seems to happen from the inside out and thus far my only viable option seems to be to have the rockers replaced, which is fairly expensive...about $1100 to do both sides parts, labor and paint.

3. Sydenstricker Landscaping

Sydenstricker Landscaping PlowSite Veteran

My regular cab's rockers are pretty swiss cheese too. It started in the center of the things though. Gonna spend some time with the cut off wheel, sheet metal and the welder this spring to fix that. It is an easy fix as long as it doesnt go up and into the cab area. Then you just have to cut and replace the whole thing.