1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

looking to buy 3/4 ton plow truck

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by mrascoe, Dec 8, 2011.

1. mrascoe

mrascoe Junior Member

looking for a nice 3/4 ton plow truck ,i prefer gm but if the right ford or dodge comes up i would consider it.anywhere from1985 to 1998 would be good for me.i would like to stay in connecticut if all possible thanks.put up pictures if you can .call matt @860-867-7531

2. mrascoe

mrascoe Junior Member

i will be at my sons musical from 700 to 830 this evening so you can try before or after up to 10

3. duramaxmeyer

duramaxmeyer Junior Member
    from 11971

i have a 1999 GMC 2500 regular cab longbed 4 wheel drive dark green pickup im selling.. it has a newer GM crate motor with bout 40thousand on it. never plowed or towed anything in really good shape has air condition and thats it.. windows r crank up..... great plow truck 4 wheel on the floor automatic tranny and tires r decent probably get u threw winter atleast ... but i live on long island near the new london ferry if interetsed text me at 631 745 1958 i can get u some pictures if it helps.....thanks chris

4. mrascoe

mrascoe Junior Member

chris i couldnt see the pics very good on my phone ,can you throw a bunch up here for me .pics of motor ,inside,and fram ,cab and bed ..thanks

5. mrascoe

mrascoe Junior Member

still looking for a truck.

6. leolkfrm

leolkfrm PlowSite.com Addict

bought a nice used one a few years ago at the dealer in burlington vermont(not to far from you)....price was 8000 cheaper than around here

7. Chris please put up some pics I would like to look at it if he doesn't get it.

8. mrascoe

mrascoe Junior Member

bump to the top still looking for a truck

9. snow4me

snow4me Senior Member

Here's an idea, try searching for one on Craigslist or Autotrader...

10. mrascoe

mrascoe Junior Member

im all over that and have come up empty,thanks

11. snow4me

snow4me Senior Member

Expand your search and be willing to travel. I took Amtrak from Chicago to Kalamzoo MI to buy a lightly used 2003 Chevy 1500HD in October for $6,400. Cost me a $30 ticket and $60 gas to drive it home.

12. mrascoe

mrascoe Junior Member

13. duramaxmeyer

duramaxmeyer Junior Member
    from 11971

send me your cell number i'll text pics to u .... trucks veery clean and never worked hard at all..newer crate motor body is very clean

14. 708-670-8504

15. mrascoe

mrascoe Junior Member

16. HEStufrthnnails

HEStufrthnnails Senior Member

What's your price range?

17. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

Long shot b/c of distance, but $6800 for an x cab white 1998 2500 Dodge Ram with a Unimount and 120k on a 5.9 gasser.

18. mrascoe

mrascoe Junior Member

thanks guys for looking for me but i was hoping to stay about 150 from house at max because im still doing cleanups and soon we will probably see snow.

19. goel

goel PlowSite.com Addict

Wow, 150 miles? I will drive a thousand for the right truck or piece of equipment.

20. mrascoe

mrascoe Junior Member