1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

looking to add lights

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by BossPlowGuy04, Oct 2, 2008.

1. BossPlowGuy04

BossPlowGuy04 Senior Member
    from novi Mi

heres my situation guys, i have a show-me led mini light bar for my truck, it works great but this year i picked up quite a few lots that are off of really busy main roads and would like to be more visable. what are some options i don't really have a ton of money to spend on this project maybe $200 or so. let me know what you guys think
    thanks
    alex

please don't mind my bad spelling its been a long day

2. 01FordPlower

01FordPlower Member
    from PA

Tell you right now my bill is at $900 so far, and I already had the mini light bar prior hot is. It is addictive and LED's cost a fortune!

3. BossPlowGuy04

from novi Mi

well that was not what i wanted to hear........ any other oppions??? don't necessarly need to be led but it would be nice.

4. Redneck

Redneck Senior Member

Have a look on ebay I just bought a Whelen 12 head bar fir 350.00

5. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping 2000 Club Member

Hideaway kit will cover all four corners....can get a nice kit for around $200

6. nickv13412

nickv13412 Senior Member

I agree with MCW, 4 corner hideaway kid

7. BossPlowGuy04

from novi Mi

is it hard to install a hide away kit?

8. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping 2000 Club Member

on your truck not at all!

9. ColliganLands

ColliganLands PlowSite.com Addict

the hardest part is running the wires nice and neat into the truck after that its simple to wire. Also the lights are easy to install you just drill a hole and then you can either put in the pop in style or the gasket style that seals the housing and then screws down