1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

looking or a tailgate sander

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by mass1589, Feb 4, 2013.

1. mass1589

mass1589 Senior Member
    from mass

like it said i posting this thread to find a tailgate sander. i would prefer a buyers brand salt dog, however im open to see what els is out there. have a small account and could use something to maneuver in a with a small truck setup.

let me know what you got and pics would be good too!
    im located in boston mass.
    willing to drive around newengland area....
    thanks

2. ducaticorse

ducaticorse PlowSite.com Addict
    from we

What are you looking to spend? You can get a brand new TG07 for roughly $1300.

My only advice here is make sure you know for a fact that what you pln on putting in it will flow properly. As in, test it out before buying it. I had a TG06 that I bought from a guy who swore up and down that salt just flows so well. Well, that was not the case because it had no auger. I couldn't get rid of that thing fast enough.

PS, I wouldnt buy a spreader for one small account. either.

I'm in Boston too.

3. mass1589

mass1589 Senior Member
    from mass

Hmmmm thnx for the advise.... I saw one for sale in maine for 1400 he said he paid 2000 new!

4. CCL LLC

CCL LLC Junior Member

I have a TGS07 that I havent used in 2 years. Only used it for one season a bought a polycaster. Just never did anything with it. If you are interested let me know.

5. mass1589

mass1589 Senior Member
    from mass

Where are you located?
    What is included (wireing,hardware, controls)?
    Any idea on what your lookn to get for it?
    Pictures?
    Pm me!
    Thanks

6. ducaticorse

from we

That guy is a tool bag. He was asking 1800 in the beginning of the season. I showed him two different distributor advertisements that had it for 1300 plus freight, and he wouldn't take my offer of 1300. Guess hes one of those "learns the hard way" types...

7. mass1589

mass1589 Senior Member
    from mass

Wow.... I may look into my local dealer and see what a new one is gonna run me....

8. ducaticorse

from we

They have them right now at Central parts for 1300 and change plus shipping. No one around here is going to touch that unless its at the end of march.

9. mass1589

mass1589 Senior Member
    from mass

Yea i was just checkin them thanks to repoman informin me about them!

I think people with used ones may not like this comment but in my eyes to sell a used setup the price needs to reflect 1300 new, and the fact we have had a horrible winter, timing of the season!

10. exclusive

exclusive Member

ihave a brand new snow ex575 tailgate salter im in nj about 3 hrs from you $1000

11. mass1589

mass1589 Senior Member
    from mass

Pics!? Does it come complete tun key?

12. ducaticorse

from we

Don't buy anything without an auger or conveyor and a vibrator.

13. 4700dan

4700dan Senior Member
    from Ohio

I have a salt dogg TGS07 used twice for sale for $1000.00 comes complete with wiring harness and vibrator PM me for pics

14. Snown13

Snown13 Junior Member

I can't seem to find the TGS07 for the $1300 that was mentioned. I checked Central Parts but perhaps that was a special they were running? Anyone know more?

15. 4700dan

4700dan Senior Member
    from Ohio

We have 1 for sale used twice for 1k

16. Snown13

Snown13 Junior Member

I pm'd you but in case you didn't see it what would shipping be and some pics would be appreciated. Thanks

17. mg1826

mg1826 Member

18. 4700dan

4700dan Senior Member
    from Ohio

Here are the pics

Spreader 1.jpg

Spreader 2.jpg

19. banonea

banonea PlowSite Fanatic

I have a 3 year old western flow pro 2 for sale. It is built to be a hitch mount so it can be used on any truck. It will hold about 100lb of product. It has a conveyor and spreads anything you put in it. I spread salt/sand for the most part, but it will spread bulk or bagged salt as well. I just put new belts on it. It has a light mounted on the drivers side for better visibility when spreading, I just undercoated/rhino lined the entire frame. It has a sight window in the side for viewing your remaining salt or salt/sand. It has a plastic removable top. I have it set up on a toggle switch because the adjustable controller burned out and they are $400.00. It works great that way, but I do have a controller from another sander I will throw in on the sale. I am asking $1500.00 firm. not sure what shipping is from Rochester, MN. feel free to email me at bakkus666@gmail.com for pic, I tried to upload tem and it wont let me.

20. 4700dan

4700dan Senior Member
    from Ohio

A TGS07 will hold around 800lbs. of salt an mine is only a few months old for $1000.00