1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Looking into this Truck....thoughts on this.

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by DAZ982500, Feb 6, 2008.

1. DAZ982500

DAZ982500 Senior Member

The truck I will be looking into is a F250 SuperDuty Reg Cab 8' bed V8 with Western 7.5 Pro.It has 99k on it.They want 12,999. for it.I am currently using a 95 Chevy 1/2 ton with brand new Western 7.5 standard on the front of it.I also have a Snowex pivot tailgate salter on the rear of truck.First, is the truck in the ball park, price wise and two, if not what is fair.I can trade the truck towards it, I bought the truck for 4900.00,salter for 700. the plow is new 3800.So, I know I will not get the total amount for this on a trade the best option is for me to sell myself.I am going to see it tomorrow, but I wanted to start thinking numbers here first.This is at a FORD dealership.Any thoughts would be great.Dave
  2. MrCarlson

MrCarlson Junior Member
    from MM

Am I blind or did you forget to mention the year of the F250?

"Knowledge is HorsePower"
  3. DAZ982500

DAZ982500 Senior Member

It is a 1999 Gas.The truck can be viewed at Autotrader.com,Ford 250 SELECT 13760 go to FEDUKE Ford it is silver with western on front.
  4. kashman

kashman PlowSite.com Addict

that truck aint worth half that price if it was me id keep looking
  5. DAZ982500

DAZ982500 Senior Member

I am ok with this the problem I have is finding a good deal.What qualifies as a good deal.Give me an example.Price alone,type of truck .These deals seem few and far far between.Dave
  6. rjfetz1

rjfetz1 Senior Member
    from CT.

I'd keep looking for a truck with not as high mileage w/snowplow. We have lots of plow trucks - new and used around Hartford, CT. for sale. Do some internet shopping and check Kelly bluebook to get some better ideas of what the vehicle is actually worth. Be patient, don't buy the first truck you see - let the dealer drop the price.
  7. kashman

kashman PlowSite.com Addict

i look at the miles say 99,000. ok you can get 150,000 before real overhalling so you get 51,000 for 13,000 about 4 years.
  8. StoneDevil

StoneDevil Senior Member

they have that truck listed as a 2003
  9. DAZ982500

DAZ982500 Senior Member

I am sorry ,my mistake it is a 2003.OOPS:sleeping::sleeping:
  10. nevrnf

nevrnf Senior Member

Is it a gas 5.4 or a diesel 6.0. If gas it seems a little high. If it is diesel then 13k is about right.
  11. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping PlowSite.com Addict

If it is a gas truck, I would keep looking. If its a diesel, it would depend on what engine. If its a 6.0 PSD, Run far and fast!
  12. Greybeard

Greybeard Member
    from MA

If it's not all beat up, it might be a good truck. See if the ball joints, brakes and exhaust have been replaced. They all start to go by 100K miles. See what the dealer offers you for your old one - sometimes they will give you more than book of they want to sell the one on the lot. If it doesn't work out for you, sit tight for a month or two. Guys will be dealing.
  13. Niteman9

Niteman9 Senior Member

If you can swing it the best way is to wait until summer and pick up a newer truck. Then hold on to the other one until fall. That would give you the best bang for you buck if you can swing it. And if you have a new plow now might be worth it to keep it and put on next truck.
  14. DeereFarmer

DeereFarmer PlowSite Veteran

I'd keep looking. A little too pricey for a gasser. I'd wait for summer like niteman9 said.