1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Looking into Honda

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by gardenpro, Oct 20, 2003.

1. gardenpro

gardenpro Junior Member
    from WA

Everyone in my town seems to be using honda. They are expensive, but they do an incredible job, and I've worked with a lot of tools and honda always seems to be my favourite.
    I'm trying to decide on either the 7 or 9 HP. And also trying to decide if the optional DC start is worth it.(about $500 Canadian dollars)
    I will be doing townhouses, a smallish commercial driveway (200 feet long) and possible a few residentials.
    Any suggestions are appreciated- Thanks.
  2. SnoJob67

SnoJob67 Senior Member

Electric start, what is that? :p If that Honda does not start on the first or second pull, either you are out of fuel, don't have it choked (when cold starting), or the kill switch is in the "off" position. :eek:

If Honda is already a favorite, I'd be very surprised if that machine was a disappointment to you.
  3. wyldman

wyldman Member

Skip the electric start,you never need it.
  4. windmill

windmill Senior Member

Welcome gardenpro, another westerner, yahoo. :drinkup: :drinkup:
    I agree you won't need the electric start, if it doesn't start with the cord it won't start.
    Why are you thinking snow???? All I see on the news is water up to the first storey windows in your area on the coast. Hope you and yours are doing well down there.
  5. gardenpro

gardenpro Junior Member
    from WA

Thanks for your help. I will have to look into the electric start. It just sounded like a good idea. Would be nice to save $.
    Yeah it is raining like mad. My house is valley bottom, not flooded but the airport, golf courses and native reserve are. What happened is a freak snowstorm, then the rainstorm. Most of the snow has melted so we should be fine, but Squamish is really in trouble.