1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Looking into buying a Hiniker plow...Help

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by tsidders, Oct 15, 2008.

1. tsidders

tsidders Junior Member

I'm adding another truck to the fleet and am looking into a hiniker plow( straight 8'). I currently have a Western MVP Vplow on another truck and am quite happy w/ it. Would love to hear any all pro's/con's of the Hiniker brand
    Thanks

2. bigearl

bigearl Senior Member

I have run a 8ft hiniker straight blade for 5 yrs and it has worked awesome with minimal Maint

3. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

I have an 8yr old one.
    The weakest link is the plug. (unless they changed it)
    And I had one coil that went bad.

Other than that it has worked better that i thought it would.
    If I was going to get another str8 blade I'd get another one

4. elite1msmith

elite1msmith 2000 Club Member
    from chicago

friend of mine had a plug go bad as well on his ...other than that seemed ok , i never got a chance to plow with it , but a deal is a deal , it all moves snow

5. ducatirider944

ducatirider944 Senior Member
    from Iowa

I plowed with mine for 7 years, only had a few minor problems with it. the weak point is the scissors arms that lift the blade, I have bent a few of them, but I welded up some material to the back side and have no problems now. Looking at getting a v-plow. so what are the pros and cons to that MVP+ you have?

6. be250

be250 Junior Member
    from kc mo.

hi, i have a mvp 9.5 western & 8' hiniker scoop like the v best but the scoop is very productive & easy to run. no problems after 3 yrs. the ultra mount goes on easier .barry

7. NICHOLS LANDSCA

NICHOLS LANDSCA PlowSite Veteran

Not to insult you but are you taking the Hiniker off correctly?

8. SnoFarmer

from N,E. MN

:rolleyes:I don't know how it could be easier than a hiniker. I have found the hiniker is easier than my boss or my meyer to put on the truck.

9. be250

be250 Junior Member
    from kc mo.

hi, yes i'm takeing the hiniker off corr. , what i said was the western is easier to mount & dismount, not that the hiniker was bad . the hiniker is much simpler to wire up [ install wise] both move snow well. barry

10. SnoFarmer

from N,E. MN

What can be easier than driving into it.
    throwing a lever and plunging it in?

You should get an RTII you would love it....

11. be250

be250 Junior Member
    from kc mo.

hi, ok i love my hiniker plow ,but in MY OPINON the ultramount goes on easier. ok!!!! can i have a opinon ???? thanks a bunch barry