1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

looking into buying a buyers salt spreader

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by pusher21, Dec 26, 2007.

1. pusher21

pusher21 Member

Hey guys im looking into buying a TGS05B Buyers Tailgate Salt Spreader and was wondering if anyone has any input on it. TIA

2. Burkartsplow

Burkartsplow PlowSite Veteran

I have a few , if you are doing small lots then it works great. larger lots you should have bulk. you cant run bulk through it unless you have a vibrator. #1 rockl salt works the best. i have used them for 5 years now and the only thing i have had to replace was the motor once in one of them. $80 dollar fi.

3. merrimacmill

merrimacmill PlowSite.com Addict
    from MA

I was looking at getting the Buyers spreader. I ended up with the Meyer Mate instead. A couple of reasons here, first we have a dealer that keeps them and parts in stock about 5 minutes from me. Second, with the Meyer mate you never need to drill any holes in the truck to install it. Third, it comes from the factory with a vibrator motor preinstalled and I have found that one of these is nessicary. Fourth, it spreads bulk rock salt without hesitation. I paid $1450. for it. After initial installation, it installs in about 5 minutes or less. Just something else to consider.​