1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

looking heavy

Discussion in 'Blizzard Plows Discussion' started by firelwn82, Feb 28, 2006.

1. firelwn82

firelwn82 PlowSite.com Addict

looking for an 810 or the new 860speed wing for a decent price. anyone know of or have one around the Mich. area. Have 250HD to hang it from. thinking more towards the 860SW cause of weight and issues people are having with wings. Haven't herd much on speed wings but I think Ill take a hit for the team. Let me know.

2. SnowDozers

SnowDozers Member

I have an 810 on my 2500HD with the 6.0 Gas in Bay City. I had the problems with the wings, but Blizzard has since recalled them and there should no longer be any problems. I would probably do the 860 if I were to do it over, but the 810 is nice for control freaks.

3. firelwn82

Hum: control freak. That would be me< but not that bad. Got a quote for 3500 for a speed wing, good or na?:confused:

4. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

I have 2 friends that bought 860 speedwings this year. One has bent his and the other is still good. The guy with the bent one plows like an animal so it might not be a good example. The main concern with the speedwing over the 810 would be the size. You can not make the 860 smaller so make sure you don't have any tight places you need to get into. I also like the fact that it is a little lighter with less moving hydraulic parts.

5. firelwn82

So your saying that you cant close the wings when going straight. Say for back blading or packing?

6. SnowDozers

SnowDozers Member

The blade is in the scoop position when strait, and you can not push the wings in to the 8 foot width. I think you can get pins to hold it in the strait position but it would then be 8'6" wide, maybe too wide for things like bank drive throughs.

7. firelwn82

alright thanks for the info peeps. Now that its so late in the game I'm going to see where I can take something off someones hands real cheap. Thanks again guys.payup

8. brad welch

brad welch Member

810 plow price

hey i have a new 2004 model 810 never been filled was display with mount and basic controller for 4000.. you pickup or arrange freight.. no problems with 2004 models they were perfect.. if interested let me know 217 520 7569 brad

9. ratlover

ratlover PlowSite.com Addict
    from IL

Hell....I might try to trade you for my blade.....thing is going flakey AGAIN.....shoulda got an older model.....

any who.....With the proper ballast and a 4800# front end a 810 will be fine on a 2500HD. If you want to go for it over a speedwing is up to you though but weight wise no issues

10. firelwn82

hey rat how do you like your 810 over the fisher V

11. firelwn82

Brad I think I'm going to hold out a little longer, I think that I could get it shipped for about $300 not sure though. I will keep you in mind for sure

12. ratlover

ratlover PlowSite.com Addict
    from IL

When it works its great:rolleyes:

Been having some wing issues that were pretty anyoing.

I can say it will plow circils around the fisher for what I do(mostly larger comercial) when the darn thing works. Seems to be just this modle year is having bugs or something? I wish I woulda bought it back in 03 when I bought my fisher.....wondering if I shoulda bought this modle though