1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Looking fro opinions on SP-8500, SP-9300, SP-9300X w/ Accuspray System

Discussion in 'SnowEx Products' started by Jason Johnson, Aug 6, 2014.

1. Jason Johnson

Jason Johnson Junior Member

Looking to convert to spreaders with pre-wet systems. Trying to cut salt consumption. Most spreader and liquid suppliers say 20-40% savings with pre-wet. Want to hear from someone with first hand experience. Any insight from anyone that has run a 8500, 9300, or 9300X is greatly appreciated. Thanks!!

2. Herm Witte

Herm Witte Senior Member

We have used a SnowEx 9500 (check my posting in used equipment) with the pre wet system and Salt Traxx monitoring system. Pre wetting the salt certainly is an aid in getting the salt to work more efficiently. Monitoring the amount of product put down is an awesome capability which helps in verifying amount of product spread. I am confident we save salt when pre wetting but am unsure of how much. I am absolutely sure that salt will work at lower temps when pre wet. Hope this helps. I am selling the SnowEx system to move to a larger spreader/pre wet system. Will consider selling the SnowEx separately from the truck.