1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

looking for work

Discussion in 'Employment' started by getmoresnow, Dec 4, 2011.

1. getmoresnow

getmoresnow Junior Member

Hi there, new to the area (Chi burbs) and looking to catch on with a contractor for this season. I've seen adds from Tovar (TSP), KCG and Snow Systems looking for drivers with their own equipment. Can anyone give me insight into these companies (hours/rates/do they pay, stuff like that). I know they all say they're the best to work for, but I want the people who have worked for them opinions. Any other ideas (good/bad companies to work for and why) would be appreciated. Thanks
  2. erkoehler

erkoehler PlowSite Veteran

Only one I'd work for is Tovar, out of all 3.
  3. brianbrich1

brianbrich1 PlowSite.com Addict

Tovar is good...
  4. White Nights

White Nights Junior Member

I've been with Tovar for a few years and have never had a problem
  5. getmoresnow

getmoresnow Junior Member

Thanks for the feedback. I had seen several bad postings about KCG but they always seem to go away on here. Hadn't seen much about Tovar or Snow Systems though someone on here keeps posting a link to ripoff report and there is a company that shows up as a front company for SS.

Thanks again.