1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Looking for work South Suburbs/Northern IL

Discussion in 'Employment' started by HD61CUIN, Feb 14, 2009.

1. HD61CUIN

HD61CUIN Senior Member

I am a firefighter with 9 years snow removal experience. I have a IL Non CDL 'B' & Nextel. I have experience with the following:
    CAT, Volvo, Case, and New Holland wheeled end loaders
    bobcats
    heavy duty salters/plows
    ATV's

I have worked for the last 7 years with my current contact. He lost two of his major accounts and his kids have grown up so he is not looking for as many employees. All of his accounts were large trucking terminals in Bedford Park, Bridgeview and Markham.

I have a diesel truck but do not currently have the funds for a plow. I have a trailer to haul a bobcat or ATV if you need.

I am looking to establish new contacts in the area for the next snow season. I work in Waukegan and live in Tinley Park. I am not interested in residential only commerical. This summer I am looking into upgrading to a CDL.

2. 2003ctd

2003ctd Senior Member

Would you be willing to travel out to the Elmhurst area?

3. stevie b

stevie b Junior Member

Hey elmhurst guy!

HEY STEVIE B HERE i plow western subs too.....hinsdale oakbrook .......elmhurst also.. u need any help ,,,give me a call...630-863-8733

4. HD61CUIN

HD61CUIN Senior Member

I prefer to stay in the south suburbs or by my work at Great Lakes Naval Base.

5. HD61CUIN

HD61CUIN Senior Member

What areas and what kind of work?
    -Wheeled End Loader
    -Bobcat
    -Salter
    -Residential/Commercial

6. HD61CUIN

HD61CUIN Senior Member

Bump to top- Winter 2009

7. readysnowplow

readysnowplow Senior Member

I work east side of chicago and oak lawn as well as south suburbs. Anyone looking for a subcontractor? I have an F250 SD 3/4 ton 4x4 with a Boss 8" straight.

8. HD61CUIN

HD61CUIN Senior Member

I am still debating putting a plow on my daily driver. Having the Diesel in my setup, most mfr's do not spec anything bigger than a 7'6". I would prefer at least an 8 with my turning radius. I have more searching to do over on the Ford side of the site.

9. HD61CUIN

HD61CUIN Senior Member

Snowing....