1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Looking for Work in NW burbs of Chicago

Discussion in 'Employment' started by JazyT, Oct 23, 2009.

1. JazyT

JazyT Junior Member

Hello Everyone.

This is my first post here. I've been reading a lot on this forum trying to get as much info as possible.

I'm completely new to the industry. I mean completely. I've never pushed before. But, I have a class A CDL and have used other forms of heavy equipment before, from 18 wheelers, forklifts, front loaders etc. just not a plow truck.

I have a Dodge ram 1500,4x4 with 5.9L motor. A bit older, but from Florida, so it's completely rust free, and a Western 7'6" plow with the leaf extensions. I also have a tailgate salter.
    My brother is also willing to work with me as a plow/shoveler team if that is a possibility.

I'm looking to sub out in the NW suburbs area of Chicago. I'm located in Carol Stream which is pretty centrally located to most major towns around here.
    I know most people pay for experience but the only way to get that is to start working.
    On my behalf I can say that I am 100% reliable, punctual and dependable. I just need someone to hire me so I can prove that.
    I've been reading that good subs are very hard to come by, but I know I can get this done. Show me once, and I'll do it that way every time.
    So, if anyone is looking for a sub, please, please, contact me so we can talk.

Thank you for your time, and thanks for reading my pitch.