1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Looking for wiring schematic

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by ShaneDenmark, Dec 28, 2008.

1. ShaneDenmark

ShaneDenmark Junior Member

I just bought my first plow for my 1994 GMC 1500; a used, older Minute Mount 1 plow with the underhood electric pump & valve body with 3 hoses that go out to the plow... I'm looking for a wiring schematic to figure which wires go where. Checked the Fisher site, couldn't seem to find what I was looking for. Is the wiring pretty much the same for the MM plows with the pump & valve body on the plow instead of under the hood, Fisher's site had all kinds of info on that system? Also, what is this plow system called; EHP, SEHP, etc? Thanks in advance...

2. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

Im thinking that what you might actually have is a Monarch, Barnes or Fenner pump. Can you get a pic of the pump and controls?

3. bad93blaster

bad93blaster Member

same thought

4. searay220

searay220 Member

5. Crash935

6. ShaneDenmark

Thanks for the replies, guys... I'll try to get some pics soon. The pump runs whenever commanded. I'm trying to get the valve block wired/hosed correctly. There are 2 hoses that come off the pump/motor to the valve block, 3 valves/coils on the block, then 3 hoses that come off the block through the front of the truck to the plow. Using the mechanic's guide on Fisher's site, I tested the harness from the controller to the valves. A test lamp lights on the appropriate wire (blue, green, yellow/white) when commanded up, down, left, right, or float. So the harness is good, I just need to know which wire goes on which valve, and which hose goes on which port on the valve block. I'm new to all this, so if I'm using the wrong terminology here let me know... Also I am a GM mechanic so any questions you have on that end, please ask!!

7. ShaneDenmark

Just did some more research, found an install guide for the belt driven system on the Fisher site. Some of you thought I may have an aftermarket pump/motor. Would the valve block be the same? Unfortunately the Fisher site says "attach wires per diagram inside cover." I don't have a cover with this diagram!!! AARRGH! Anyone have any other ideas? Thanks again!!

8. Crash935

I dug through every fisher document i could find and none are showing a electric under hood pump.

You are using a fisher controller? The wire colors match for a fisher harness.

What about pulling the valves and see if they look like fisher valves? Then match colors that way since the S1, S2 and S3 each look different?

9. ShaneDenmark

Its actually a Western controller. But again, the test lamp lights on the right wires for each function based of the SEHC info I found. Explain about pulling the valves? I'm about to take it to a different Fisher dealer and see if they can make heads or tails of it...