1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

looking for used sweeper

Discussion in 'Sweeper Forum' started by scoot, Feb 15, 2006.

1. scoot

scoot Junior Member

i am looking to purchase a good used regenerative sweeper if you have one post it and i will take a look also should i have a concern about a mall sweeper with low miles its a 93 gmc with a 210 tymco all miles are at low rpms
  2. hickslawns

hickslawns Senior Member

Go to worldsweeper.com and there is a nice writeup on used equipment purchases. Keep in mind low speed driving will equal low miles, but not low usage if that makes sense. It may never leave the lot, but doesn't mean it doesn't have a lot of wear. Too bad they don't all have hour meters. Too bad you can't trust hour meters. People swap them and unhook them. Check the usual wear items. Drive it down the road at highway speeds for 20-30 minutes or more. Take it to a mechanic. Low miles doesn't mean the front end isn't worn out. There are a lot of turns in parking lot sweeping and odd weight distribution.