1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Looking for used plow

Discussion in 'Residential Snow Removal' started by skidmark845, Aug 10, 2008.

1. skidmark845

skidmark845 Member
    from ny

Hi Folks,
    I have been looking for a used plow for my 2004 Toyota Tacoma, 4X4 TRD 6 cylinder. Not having much luck. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated. Not sure I want to get a Snow Bear although they priced very good.

Thanks,

2. chcav1218

chcav1218 Senior Member

Ok well here's my opinion.

Snow Bear is basically useless unless you're doing just your driveway and its not much deep snow becuase they have no power angle, no down pressure, and they're light as hell. I would recomend a Snoway. The poly blades are a bit mroe expensive but its one of the biggest plows you can get for your size truck. Also check out Blizzard.

3. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

4. chcav1218

chcav1218 Senior Member

Don't get a snowbear unless you are just doing your own driveway. They don't have down pressure, power angle, and are kind of flimsy. Go with a SnoWay or Blizzard, they are some of the biggest plows you can get for your truck, although the Poly snoway is more expensive.

5. toby4492

toby4492 2000 Club Member

Our 22 series plows make excellent applications for Tacomas. Hydraulic down pressure system and wireless controls available if you are interested in these options. A 5 year structural and 2 year electric/hydraulic warranty comes standard with your purchase. You can learn more on the 22 series here. http://www.snoway.com/index.cfm/act/viewSeries/type/Plow/cat/11

Last edited: Aug 10, 2008
  6. skidmark845

skidmark845 Member
    from ny

I appreciate everyones feedback but I'm looking for a USED plow. Yes I plan on just doing my driveway which is 100 yards long.

Thanks

7. itsgottobegreen

itsgottobegreen PlowSite.com Addict

I would stay away from snoways. You could find a used western surbanite or fisher homesteader. There is one on here someone for sale.

8. toby4492

toby4492 2000 Club Member

Taking the advice of a "self proclaimed" PIMP is probably not in your best interest. :help:

Do some searches in the Import and Sno-Way forums. We have many very satisfied customers running our plows on Tacomas.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2008
  9. chcav1218

chcav1218 Senior Member

Okie well if your just doing your own driveay you might be ok with a snowbear or sumthin like that.

10. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

I've got a used 7'6" 22 series with wireless and down pressure for a Tacoma. It's a little bit of a ride but the plow's in good shape. I'll see about pics. the guy's moving to a larger truck.

The 22 series is a great blade and well matched to the truck.

Beware of prejudice, defined in Websters as "fear based on a lack of knowledge"

The Homesteader/Suburbanite is a small step up from the Snowbear but not the unit the Snoway is.

11. skidmark845

skidmark845 Member
    from ny

Basher,

Yes send me the PIC's. Also where are you located?

12. Flipper

Flipper PlowSite.com Addict
    from CT

I have a 6.5 Fisher minute mount setup with the Tacoma mounts. I swapped the 6" pump for a 10" so it has more travel. It worked great for driveways.

I'm ten minutes from 84-684 interchange in NY.

13. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Send me an email address, i can't get pics small enough to post on site.

Located DE/PA border

14. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

The offer's still on the table.... :)

15. skidmark845

skidmark845 Member
    from ny

Flipper

Flipper, I sent you a private message. How old is the plow and how much?

Thanks,

16. Nascar24

Nascar24 Senior Member