1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Looking for used plow 8'

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by kgb, Jul 24, 2004.

1. kgb

kgb Member
    from nj

Just got '96 dodge 2500/ cummings, considering doing some plowing. (BTW i think it was a good deal?: $11k for xcab/slt/cap/5x10 trailer/all power/tow pack, CLEAN! Only 50kMi)
    Can anyone recommend any places for a used 8' snow plow in NJ or PA? I need complete set. Will pay cash and I will pick it up.

Also, is any other year or dodge modes will have the same plow mount to fit my '96?, or what should i look for...

Thanx!

PS you can email me directly:
    ajweb@earthlink.net

2. cja1987

cja1987 PlowSite.com Addict

Id look for a used fisher plow because IMO their truckside mounts are the easiest to work with. I would first look for the plow, if its and 8 footer its probley off a 250/2500 anyways. If the plow is being sold with all truckside equip. (mount and wiring), the mount may bolt right up to yor truck. If you get a fisher go to their website and they have tons of manuels on which mounts fit which trucks organized by year make and model. Generally if it was off a chevy it may not bolt up to a dodge. You can always buy the right truckside mount for your plow and vehicle from a dealer. I have worked with fishers mounts and they are easy to bolt and unbolt and fishers website told me what "vehicle attachment kit" i would need for the truck i was working on.

3. kgb

kgb Member
    from nj

Thanx Chris!
    I will check 'em out. But do you think it is less complicated to take blade on and off with mayers? Or does the fisher have 'easymount'?
    Thanx again!!!!!!!
    Have a GREAT W/END

CAN'T WAIT TILL SNOW SO I CAN DO SOME PLOW AND CRANK MY SAUNA- U SHOULD HAVE IT TOOOOOO!

4. bobtiedt

bobtiedt Junior Member
    from NE iowa

did you find a plow, i have one off a 2002 3/4 ton dodge

5. kgb

kgb Member
    from nj

No, I didn't find one yet. It is little hard in NJ.
    It is my understanding that I will need mount from 94-98, but if this is only a broblem I will concider anything 8'.
    Please let me know what are you asking for it of give me a call
    (908)892-2882
    Thanx, Alex.

6. CARDOCTOR

CARDOCTOR PlowSite.com Addict

alex
    look on ebay theres a guy about an hour from phila.
    with a meyer and western for sale
    he has several mounts
    john

7. PLOWMAN45

PLOWMAN45 2000 Club Member

there is a guy that used fisher mm for sale on ebay

8. kgb

kgb Member
    from nj

Shi!@#t!
    Just got home looked @ ebay and can't find any, probably too late or I am not looking at the right stuff. I was only able to find either 7'5 or too far from me (Vermot, Ohio..) Oh well, got to keep looking.
    I really appreciate your help!!!!
    Have a GREAT WEEKEND!!!!!

9. PLOWMAN45

PLOWMAN45 2000 Club Member

10. ChipsEarthWorks

ChipsEarthWorks Senior Member
    from CT

plow

Hey if you are still looking for a plow I have a fisher 8ft with snofoil it is the older style hydraulic meaning it has a pump that is ran by a belt that is turned by a pulley of the crank great system very strong it is currently on a 95 dodge ram 2500 i will sell the complete plow i am asking 2500 obo i live in the south west part of conn let me know :drinkup: :drinkup:

11. lawnman20

lawnman20 Junior Member

used plow

did you find a plow yet i have a boss plow new lights it was on a 99 dodge 3/4 ton let me know if you are still looking for it thank and i had it on a 01 also i have different under carriage for it

gene

12. kgb

kgb Member
    from nj

I found meyers EZ mount 7'5" full and almost new setup, which i installed, but currently i'm trying to trade just blade for 8' (+-$). I really don't want to take everything apart.
    Thanx!