1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

looking for used 9ft mm2

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by cdacaraudio, Dec 10, 2009.

1. cdacaraudio

cdacaraudio Junior Member

is there any plow dealers in RI or MA that sells and finances used plows? need a 9ft mm2

2. abbe

abbe Senior Member
    from RI

how much are you looking to spend?

3. RacingZR

RacingZR Senior Member
    from Maine

Right now Fisher is offering their own special financing through the dealers for businesses. $90 down, no interest or payments for 90 days. But you have to have an established business. It's on their website. Might be worht looking in to new with that deal?

4. cdacaraudio

well that's the problem money is all tied up. my buddy gave me the whole truck side stuff for my truck and its already on the truck i just need the plow. that's why i was wondering if i could find a place that would finance just the plow hopefully used. had a couple people that wanted to trade me for my 06 Honda 400ex ATV i have but they backed out

5. ChevKid03

ChevKid03 Senior Member

dude, depending on where you are from you can take out a personal loan at a bank for about 2-3k... Pay it off this winter plowing and it's yours...

6. cdacaraudio

have 10k out right now from my bank and getting married in july

7. mansf123

mansf123 Senior Member
    from mass

credit card or look on craigslist

8. RepoMan207

RepoMan207 PlowSite Fanatic
    from Maine

So you need the whole plow side....Why MM2, & why 9'. If your so hard up i would be looking at all options.

All the dealers in NE and even the mid west use Sheffield, or D&D, and it has to be new under there terms. Financing a used one AT the dealer, I don't see that happening at all.

Do like the rest of us when we first start out, buck up and get what you can get, move up later.

http://maine.craigslist.org/pts/1504191531.html

9. cdacaraudio

well i want a mm2 because that's what my trucks setup for and i need a 9 ft because i have a dually with 35's and even a 9ft plow when angled does not clear the rear outer tire

10. cdacaraudio

11. RepoMan207

from Maine

If your setup for a MM2, then your setup for a MM1 as well. It's all the same. $$ wise a MM1 will be much cheaper. I see your point on the 9' for sure.

Good luck, if I see something I will keep you in mind.

12. brad96z28

brad96z28 PlowSite.com Addict

If u found an 8 that was cheap, U could always add wings.

13. cdacaraudio

well if i remember mm1 is 2 plug and my mm2 setup is 3 plug. im sure you can convert but it would just be nice to plug and play but that would work. and thanks for the replies guys nice to know people on this site are good people.

14. mansf123

mansf123 Senior Member
    from mass

try the snowplow king... hes in rhode island and has a ton of used plows

15. cdacaraudio

thanks ill check it out =)

16. brad96z28

No mm1 come in 3 forms. All hydro. 2 plug and 3 plug.

17. brad96z28

Lol that guy charges more for a used plow then a new one, lol good luck and be sure to let us know what he says.

18. RepoMan207

from Maine

That aint lie, I talked to him over the summer about an 8' for my sub...$3000 for a ratty POS MM1. Then he blows up on me for questioning his price....

19. mansf123

mansf123 Senior Member
    from mass

I just know he has alot of plows, not saying i like the guy. I called him and said how much for a new pump and motor assembly, he tells me $650 if i trade in the old unit. Im thinking wow great price because i knew it was 950 at metropolitan. so i drive all the way there from mass and the ******** hands me a unit that looked worse then my broken one, I said what the hell is this and he tells me its rebuilt. yeah ********.... so i settled for a "like' new one for $800 but i was pissed

20. brad96z28

I think I would of paid 150 more for a new one. And I would have thrown my old one at him when I got there.:realmad: