1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

looking for used 8foot plow

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by margesimpson, Oct 18, 2004.

1. margesimpson

margesimpson Junior Member

need a used 8 foot unit to put on 1998 f150 ford. you may email me at n2vb44@aol.com

2. The Boss

The Boss 2000 Club Member

I think 8ft. is too much for an F150.

3. Boast Enterpris

Boast Enterpris Senior Member

I agree with The Boss, I looked into putting a 7.5 Western Pro-Plow on a 2002 F150. Most every dealer laughed at me, I only found one place that would do it. The newer F150 trucks are not made to hold a heavy plow. Before you buy a mount, check the front axle rating, purchase according to that! Just my opinion!

4. bterry

bterry Senior Member

Whats wrong, the 1963 bronze Dodge duster with welmenized wooden plow just ain't cuttin' it? Too funny.

5. cja1987

cja1987 PlowSite.com Addict

You should think of smmething smaller then an 8 footer on an F-150, any 7'5" is good. My plow weighs as much as an 8' plow but you have to have the highest GVWR possible which is 7700. As far as the newer trucks not being made to carry plows, my 2000 F-150 handles 750 LBS great. The 1996 and prior models carried plows the best. I know a guy who just bought an 04 (new body style) F-150 and he hung an RD Fisher on it eventhough they told him initially "you can only get the homesteader". The truck dropped MUCH more then the 2003 and prior trucks with the plow raised. He has since gotten timbrens and now it sits level with 500 LBS in the bed.