1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Looking for Unimount Frame Mount for 98 Chevy

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by double10x, Dec 19, 2005.

1. double10x

double10x Junior Member

I'm looking for a used Western Unimount Frame Mount for a 98 Chevy. If I can't find one I'm going to try to get the factory dimensional drawings and make one myself. Western has discontinued making them.

2. double10x

double10x Junior Member

I was told that Western Unimount Frame Mounts are all the same for 88 - 98 Chevy/GMC.
  3. double10x

double10x Junior Member

Was told 'matter-of-factly' by the folks at Western that "they do not release dimensional prints to the public"... Now I'm determined to get one, measure all dimensions and make them for any/all that want to buy one.

Never tell a very determine person "NO!"... that only makes them more determined.

4. #1 plowtech

#1 plowtech Senior Member

part # 62330, i have used mount.
  5. bnewell

bnewell Banned
    from Ohio

why not buy a used Ultra Mount hitch instead and get the conversion kit for your plow?? I think it would be much easier to find new or used.

6. double10x

double10x Junior Member

#1 plowtech!

How much?

7. LINY Rob

LINY Rob Senior Member

do a search for this conversion, you will want to search the whole forum as there used to only be a few subforums, now there is like 30.

Seems as if those who did convert were not happy with it and the feelings were it no longer properly transfers the load as well and it also hangs down too low.
  8. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

Dan, dont feel bad, they dont release dimensional prints to the dealers or techs either.