1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Looking for truck and Hello

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by kiohio, Dec 17, 2003.

1. kiohio

kiohio Junior Member
    from Ohio

Hello all!!
    Wow lots of good info on here. I am new to the job of plowing snow and would like to get a starter truck for me and my son. My wife and I both own our own businesses and could use the extra winter income.
    I was wondering if anyone out there in snow plow land would happen to be wanting to upgrade equipment.

Anyway I would like to get either a 78 or 79 F150/250/350 4wd or an 87 up to 93 F250/350 4wd with the blade already on it or at least the mount on the 78-79.

In decent condition... not perfect but very usable for between $2000 and $3000

I will travel 300 to 400 miles if I have to to pick up.

Also if you are in Ohio we may be able to do some trading if guns or things like that are of interest to you.

I am also a KIOTI tractor/Country Clipper 0-turn dealer so if you are in the need of a tractor or mower and have a plow truck you would like to replace you can always use the truck as a trade in.
    I can also get Meyer equipment at a low cost.

I have been scanning classifieds like a wildman and am finding a few trucks but nothing special.

Thanks in advance to everyone.
    KO

2. SIPLOWGUY

SIPLOWGUY Senior Member

A friend of mine wants to sell his 88 F250. He has a Western mount on the truck but nothing else. I'll talk to him by the weekend to see what's up with the truck.

3. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

Truck

Have you tried searching the bigger newspapers classifieds ads online? Like the Akron Beacon Journal, Cleveland Plain Dealer etc.
    Truck trader has a few in each issue too. Good luck at this time of year finding one. Remember the older the truck the more repairs and parts it will need regularly. I have an 89 Ford and there is always something needing attention or replaced.

4. kiohio

kiohio Junior Member
    from Ohio

I understand the old truck thing. I have a new Dodge but don't want to plow it. It's QC so it's not real good for the tight areas I'll be in. It's also diesel too. Western dealer said he couldn't put a plow on it anyway.
    Thanks for the help.
    Let me know what your friend says.
    KO