1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Looking for tips from the pros

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by BRL1, Sep 13, 2014.

1. BRL1

BRL1 Senior Member
    from Wyoming

Hey guys new to the site here and I wanted to post my first thread.
    Im looking for some tips on how to grow the commercial snow removal side of our biz. We are new to snow removal and I have just ordered or fist truck blade with a spreader.
    This year I have 3 Commercial accounts and would like to add a couple more to help pay off the equipment we just purchased.
    Thanks, Matt

2. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Don't bid scared.

3. BRL1

BRL1 Senior Member
    from Wyoming

As in scared you mean by your pricing?

4. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Yes,better not to do it then do it and lose money and get frustrated

5. BRL1

BRL1 Senior Member
    from Wyoming

True ive always hand selected our properties to service making sure they bank roll lol

6. Buswell Forest

Buswell Forest PlowSite.com Addict
    from NH

You have to sell yourself. The specific service you provide is secondary to that. If they like you, and feel like you are not bullshatting them and will do what you say you will on time and reliably....you will get more work than you can do- no matter what it is you do. Go pound the pavement, hustle, and above all, make a great first impression.

7. slplow

slplow PlowSite.com Veteran

Residential s are good too. I make more money per hr doing drive way's than parking lots. But I make more money doing parking lots per season

8. BRL1

BRL1 Senior Member
    from Wyoming

I think that is what I am trying to do this year. Gain more residential drives than commercial