1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Looking for Tips for plowing large Parking Lot

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by PETER42, Oct 28, 2006.

1. PETER42

PETER42 Junior Member

Hi there, I've been assigned to plow this parking lot using a Skid Steer ( Case 75xt-bobcat) with a 10 foot blade attachment. I've plowed sidewalks and streets before but never a parking lot. I am not going to stock pile the snow but rather push the snow to outside perimeter. Is there a special technique in doing this? Does it matter where I start? Any tips would be appreciated!
  2. 2moresleeps

2moresleeps Senior Member
    from Ontario

If you tell me which prop. in mississauga you are, I could POSSIBLY assist. I lived there for 4 years and plowed that area for 2.
  3. Duracutter

Duracutter Senior Member
    from Canada

I don't know the properties around your neck of the woods, but when I do a new lot, I really think it through and walk the site. Just imagine yourself plowing it and it's amazing how you'll sort of work it out where it will help you once you're doing it. Visualizing has helped me. I'm sure this might helptymusic
  4. DBL

DBL PlowSite.com Addict

go in now and find all the obsticles you have a large lot youll be thinking im not gonna hit anything but then bam theres a curb find them now and get a good place to put snow and put it all there....or as much as possible
  5. IndySnowPlow

IndySnowPlow Senior Member
    from Indiana

Start at a point ...closest to the entry-way of the building, everyone wants to park as close as they can in snowy cold weather ( if you dont they will park there and you will not be able to clear out the snow). From there work your way to the outer perimeter of the parking area. Keep in mind to clear out any entry & exit points to the parking area...If needed push up a mound of snow to block the entrances until you get the lot cleared out.

Happy Plowing xysport