1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

looking for thick rubber sheets for plow wings

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by sltboss02, Nov 24, 2009.

1. sltboss02

sltboss02 Junior Member

I have seen the snow sport plows that they sell at jcwhitney and I think that part of that plow is a great idea. They come with rubber wings on them. My company plows for the school district and we plow for the city and we have a storage place that we do. I would like to take the rubber wing idea to help out in the long neck/lane aspect. the reason I like the rubber is because it isn't heavy and if I hit a curb or manhole with my plow I will wreck the rubber not my 8 1/2 ' western ultramount. any one know where I can find such rubber that would be tall enough to fit an 8 1/2' western ultramount pro plow?

2. big acres

big acres Senior Member

I'm sure you can find something premade if you look around, but you could also fab them from old loader tires or the like.

There is a guy here in town selling a Bobcat pusher that is basically a large wheel loader tire cut in half with the mounting plate bolted on for like $800.