1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

looking for the full wire harness

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by joshua74133, Dec 14, 2014.

1. joshua74133

joshua74133 Junior Member
    from tulsa

I think the plow model# is 44485 it's a 8.5 mvp plus mf does anyone know where or what harness I need.... sorry I'm new to this side of the business p.s. I don't know if it matters but it's going on a f250 quad cab turbo diesel

2. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Westernplows.com....quick match

3. mishnick

mishnick 2000 Club Member

"Where or what harness I need?" to do what???? What is the situation? Bought the plow used and need the truck side? An MVP+ has two harnesses on the plow (headlight and power / mux) and Three on the truck: headlight kit (which includes the isolation module to grill light cable), the control cable and the truck side power / mux cable. Of course you need the isolation module and controller too. When I say "mux" I mean multiplex. These are the two little twisted pair wires that the communication and control signals run through.

As DieselSS said, you can use Quick Match http://www.westernplows.com/wp/showroom/quickmatch.php to figure out what headlight harness kit you would use (depends on the truck and headlight bulbs) and then you need the control harness and power cable, see this interactive poster: http://www.westernplows.com/wp/part...cle-side-harness-diagram-3-port-2-plug-system

4. joshua74133

from tulsa

Yes I need everything on the truck side.
    I bought the plow used

5. Flyboy77

Flyboy77 Senior Member

Ouch, hope you got a really good deal, prepare for sticker shock or find used...

6. joshua74133

from tulsa

i got the plow for 2400 in perfect condition... where do i find what headlamp i have in my truck?

7. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Look at it. Sealed beam or replaceable bulbs

8. joshua74133

from tulsa

its replaceable bulbs. the manual says h13 style...
    I guess the question i have is on Ebay there is a headlamp harness for 189.00 i know i would still have to buy the module which run 109.00 and the control is there anything else i will need?

The plow came with the power cable and the mounts nothing for the headlamp... do i just buy the headlamp harness or do i need to buy the complete for 700.00?

9. mishnick

mishnick 2000 Club Member

You need to go on Quick-match and find out what headlight harness kit you need. It will ask you year, model, engine size, GVW, headlight bulb type and so on. When it asks you what plow you want to install select MVP+ and then it will give you a list of parts required. One of the parts will be the headlight harness and another will be the isolation module. If you have the power cable those two things are all you need.

When you say it came with the mounts?? do you mean the receivers or the actual mount? Unless you have exactly the same truck that the plow came off then you probably need a new mount too. The receivers come with the plow, they are black metal things that pin onto the mounts. They are about a foot long, 6" x 4" and have some flared edges on one end to guide the plow horns into place. The actual mount is typically around $500 here in Canada. Quick-match will tell you what mount you need too if you don't actually have them.

If you want to consider buying harnesses on Ebay I would look on Quick-match for the correct part number and then make sure you are getting the right one. Keep in mind that the headlight "kit" comes with the headlight harness and the cable that goes from the isolation module to the grill. Don'p pay so much for half the kit, check what the kit would cost new in your neighborhood. If you buy OEM you will get warranty, Ebay, not so much...