1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Looking for suggestions!!

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by ss502gmc, Nov 6, 2010.

1. ss502gmc

ss502gmc Senior Member

Ok so were a week into Nov and ive only got a couple commercial accounts and well I need a few more to stay busy. So im looking for some ideas on getting some more work, i have been making phone calls up the waa zoo and walking into places to get some business but almost everyone ive talked to says there already contracted or were using the guy from last year even tho he sucks but hes cheap... I hate lowballers! I run constant adds on craigslist but so far no luck except for a few resi's that isnt worth the drive there. I also hang business cards at every bulletin board i can find and still nothing! I dunno maybe its still early but im usually set by this time of year except last year i plowed for the town and realized that it wasnt worth it so thats why i have to start fresh. Any and all suggestions are welcomed!! Thanks
  2. Wayne Volz

Wayne Volz Senior Member

Get off Craigs list

I will really consider getting off Craig's list for sure. Draws to many clients not wanting to pay anything.

It is late in the season to add on accounts, but keep cold calling and will get some. Every time you hear a no means you are closer to a yes! Stay positive.
  3. mycirus

mycirus Senior Member
    from Mass

Its still get the leaves off my lawn time here. People in this area dont think about it until a storm is forecasted. For resi's anyway. Wait till the first storms coming and then pounce. At least thats what I notice in Mass.
  4. coral

coral Senior Member

yeah, wait until it snows and eveyone else has all the contracts..........thats a great idea, prob too late all ready anyways.......
  5. ss502gmc

ss502gmc Senior Member

I have gotten alot of accounts in the past when the first storm is forecasted but alot of those accounts are gone because there the ones that didnt think they had to pay for the last month of services after the last storm of the season. Well if anyone needs a sub i might be available lol. Ughh