1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Looking for Suggestions on Snow Blowers

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by chs1993, Nov 15, 2011.

1. chs1993

chs1993 Senior Member

Im looking for a smaller snow blower that could be put in the back of a truck and taken out with one guy. It will be used for just smaller sidewalks. Not looking for something huge! Looking for a decent one at a reasonable price. Any ideas of brands/models? thanks
  2. Chrisxl64

Chrisxl64 Senior Member
    from CT

find a craigslist toro single stage. Exactly what you are looking for,,,and is a proven industry standard. New they are pricey,,,but used you can find them cheap as hell.
  3. chs1993

chs1993 Senior Member

Thats what I was thinking, I looked over the toro vs honda thread was just wondering if there was any one else there besides those 2 brands.
  4. fivepoints

fivepoints Junior Member

I too am buying couple of single stage. Toro seems top choice, anyone have dealings with the cub cadet single stage. a bit cheaper, more cc's a light . Looks good but I like red.

I can buy two toros for 700 a piece
  5. Shoreline

Shoreline Member

I have a toro single stage. Moves a lot of snow no problem. Doesn't do so well when it's too wet and cleans right down to the sidewalk. Highly recommend them.
  6. lawnpro724

lawnpro724 Junior Member

I would buy Toro's 221QR single stage snow blowers if you can find them before their gone for good. I have 3 and they are the best single stage blower out there but do to emissions laws their no longer being made.