1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Looking for sub work in central NJ

Discussion in 'Employment' started by abhra_m, Aug 21, 2015.

1. abhra_m

abhra_m Junior Member

Hi

This is my first year. I am planning to get a newer F150 show plow package and will have insurance. I am extremely reliable and looking sub work in central NJ. I will appreciate any leads or contacts.

Thanks a lot
    Abhra

2. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Why not look to work with a company using THERE equipment first?

3. abhra_m

abhra_m Junior Member

I've been thinking about that too but I need the truck for other work too so might as well use that ?

4. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Well, in theory you could do that.
    However, trying to save you a few dollars first.
    Plows are expensive (as you already might now)and there's a lot of them to pick and choose from.
    Insurance is expensive.
    Bumpers, trannys and related repairs can be costly as well.
    Now the fun part plowing for the first time (possibly without any training) and losing money, and losing the company your plowing for money.
    Or doing it yourself, underbidding and taking to long, and really losing money. Spending all that money on a plow and finding out you really don't like it. That's why I suggested to work with a company and use there equipment first.

5. abhra_m

abhra_m Junior Member

I hear ya..I spoke to a few people last year and they said I need to have a truck. Maybe I'll try again

6. JustJeff

JustJeff 2000 Club Member

And I don't believe you can get a "newer" F150 with a plow prep package.

7. shawn_

shawn_ Member

You will get hired faster in NJ with a 250+ size truck

8. abhra_m

abhra_m Junior Member

I am open about the truck really. Since I haven't bought it yet,I have the flexibility of getting what's more suitable

9. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

After hearing the cost of INS on NJ/NY, I would look into that first.