1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Looking for Sub Job in North NJ

Discussion in 'Employment' started by tonylillo, Nov 8, 2011.

1. tonylillo

tonylillo Senior Member

I cannot believe that no one is looking for subs to assist with plowing in North NJ (Bergen, Passaic cty area). I am available call Tony at 201-294-1723 and we can discuss.

I guess when the temperature hits 70 degrees like today, no one is thinking of snow.

2. Dondo

Dondo Senior Member

Tony where in North NJ are you out of and what type of equipment are you using.

I might be able to help you out.

3. tonylillo

tonylillo Senior Member

Thanks, I am in Hawthorne, and I have a 2007 Dodge Ram 1500 with a new 7.5 fisher plow. With the weather we have been getting lately, i don't think there will be any snow this year.

4. Dondo

Dondo Senior Member

Do you have any experience plowing? Would you be willing to travel to the Wayne / Clifton Area? As for the weather... I don't know I try not to predict I just take whatever snow falls. I do know it was sweet to get decent push in October. It was a good way to knock the cob webs off the equipment.

5. tonylillo

tonylillo Senior Member

I have plowed as a volunteer with Ridgewood emergency Services, I can explain better if we speak on the phone. What is your going rate for Subs and do you pay cash or on w2. My number si 201-294-1723....thanks, Tony

6. shovelracer

shovelracer Senior Member

There are several large outfits in that area looking for help. They aren't going to chase you down though.

7. tonylillo

tonylillo Senior Member

Yep, been in touch with a couple of them, I think they are still waiting to see what contracts are coming in before they schedule anyone. Because of the weather, no one seems to be thinking about snow.

8. Dondo

Dondo Senior Member

I've subbed for the same guy for a few years now and have a great thing going. My brother in-law owns his own company and is looking for a few guys to help with his routes. I tried to help cover him during the last storm and I ended up beating the crap out of my truck trying to hit his accounts plus the ones I sub for.

I'm not sure what the pay is but I will pass your information along to him and you two can discuss... I'm just trying to help out a fellow plowsite member if I can.

Good luck this season!

9. tonylillo

tonylillo Senior Member

That would be great thanks for the help and good luck to you also.

10. jmiller31

jmiller31 Junior Member

looking to use my snowdogg in nwnj (sussex co)

Just got my Snowdogg plow put on my F250. Now i need to put it to use. Available for call outs 973-222-7515Thumbs Up