1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Looking for spreader

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by RTEPLOWING, Nov 11, 2007.

1. RTEPLOWING

RTEPLOWING Junior Member

:help: Hello everyone I'm Trying to find out some information on spreaders. I'm looking to get a spreader that slides into a 2" receiver hitch. Looking to see who has used them and their opinions of them. Ive priced out fisher boss sno-way snow-ex curtis I need some help. looking to see what is the best for this type of application. I'm looking to purchase one ASAP.

2. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

What do you want to know, specifically? Basically, there are two types of tailgate spreaders - one and two stage. One stage will require you to use dry material; two stage can handle wet sand as well as dry sand or a sand/salt mix.One stage sanders have the material drop directly onto the spinner; two stage will have a small chain or belt to move the material to the chute. From there, it's like buying a plow - a matter of personal preference. I won't get into advocating one brand over another; but will say that you usually get what you pay for. With bigger and better features comes a bigger (but not "better") price tag.

3. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

Search salt spreader on ebay. There is about 3 pages of items up for bids!