1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Looking for Southen Michigan help !!!

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Eyesell, Nov 9, 2003.

1. Eyesell

Eyesell 2000 Club Member

As you can probably tell by my title, I'm one of the new guys to this business and this site. ( One week to the date ) I live in Southern Michigan, 45 min to the Ohio border. I would like to talk with someone who is on there own in this, not working for a company in this area. I have answered a lot of my questions just reading through this site, and yes I have spent countless hours in front of my computer reading all I can ( wife's been looking for me ) but as you can imagine, I have a few un answered.

What I'm looking for help on is pricing in this area, I can't get a grip on pricing, by the inch vs. per push. I know it depends on the area but I figured talking with someone, I can only benefit from what they know.

I plan on working with someone to get the experience, but eventually going on my own doing residential and small commercial lots. Is it best to have two types of contracts, one for resid. and comm. I know the jargin' in both is going to be different but I need help here as well.

These are the sort of things I'm still confused with.

I LOVE this site and will continue reading !!!:waving: