1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Looking for some thing that is at least 50"

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by lotsoflights, Oct 11, 2004.

1. lotsoflights

lotsoflights Member

I'm looking for something to do a lot of sidewalks that are 60" wide. I need to be able to put a small spreader on the back for calcium. All of the UTV's are way to big...I was hoping to be able to put a cab on it with a heater. Now it looks like an atv or a small skid steer...

HELP!!! :help: :help:
  2. salopez

salopez Senior Member

every think of a small CUT? compact utility tractor. they will take a nice plow or blower and salt hopper on back. plus there are cabs for most of them.
  3. Boast Enterpris

Boast Enterpris Senior Member

HMMMM, A small skid loader could be used for so many other operations! The ATV could be used for other things as well, I don't know how good the cabs are that go on them. I have always used an ATV & never had a cab, a lot of difference in our temps I am sure. How can you get a small skid loader in a place that you can't get a UTV? There is a nice one displayed in the pictures forum. It is a Kubota RTV900. Good Luck pumpkin:
  4. Dwan

Dwan Senior Member

We use skid loaders (Bobcat) and you can't go wrong with them. You can get them with enclose cabs and heaters ( some of the bigger ones even have AC). options include a snow blade, bucket at any with you want, snow blower. forks for handling pallets of salt/sand. you can get them with tracks.
    I seen a clip on one of these sites that showed a blade with wings that would out do 90% of the plows here.
    I believe that anyone that has ever been in business and had one would not do without it again.
    I also believe you could not go wrong with the CUT's

Both types are use in summer as well.