1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Looking for some opinions

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by pushinsno, Nov 17, 2009.

1. pushinsno

pushinsno Member

I bought a new sam unviersal pistol grip controller for my meyers, and it is to replace the touchpad one cause it crapped the bed or at least the left button is shot. They sent me the new pistol grip with the adapter and it does nothing at all except flash red which means overload. Now the place i got it from said i have a bad ground some where and that is why it is not working right. Okay with that being said why is when i hooke up the old touchpad controller it works just fine except the left button. If one works and the new one doesnt then how can i have a bad ground?
  2. WeDoSnowplowing

WeDoSnowplowing Senior Member

Not sure. Did a wiring map come with the SAM unviersal pistol grip controller stating what wire is for what. Maybe a different color code for something.
  3. pushinsno

pushinsno Member

nope they sent me nothing just the adapter already prewired and the pistol grip and the wires that are on adapter are not the same color directly across from the factory harness i have they are all the same colors but dont match up directly across from us and i was told it doesnt make a difference due to it being a unviversal that they can change the color codes but it should still work
  4. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

Check and verify that the wire colors match the pin locations vrom one end of the adaptor to the other to make sure they didnt put a pin in the wrong location.
  5. deereequipment

deereequipment Member

What's the status of your project?
    I am about to do the exact same thing. I have the control box with push arrows, and ust ordered the universal controller.
    It is due in soon, and I am going to swap it out.

DId you get your's working?