1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Looking for some one who is running that tractor tire

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment' started by fathead, Dec 7, 2010.

1. fathead

fathead Junior Member
    from MN

Is any one running the TRACTOR tire that was advertising last year on this site.

How is it work do you have # for them.

Is any one in MN running one how is it working.

Thanks Matt :mechanic:

2. cretebaby

cretebaby PlowSite Veteran

I guess not.

You got a link or something so we know what you are talking about?

3. Rc2505

Rc2505 PlowSite.com Addict

I think he is talking about that BAT wing thing, that was around on here last winter.

4. hairygary

hairygary Senior Member

I think he is talking about the Big Ass Tire, or the loader tire converted to a push box

5. cretebaby

cretebaby PlowSite Veteran

Ahhh. ............

6. WIPensFan

WIPensFan PlowSite Veteran

"BAT wing thing" - They should change the name to that!:laughing:

Here - http://www.snowdozerbat.com/

Last edited: Dec 7, 2010
  7. Rc2505

Rc2505 PlowSite.com Addict

I liked the whole BAT wing thing, lol. I just couldn't remember any thing of the name other than BAT, so I improvised on the rest.

8. cotter

cotter Senior Member
    from Ohio

My xBIL used to do that with cow poop.
    You could say it was a $#!TTY job :laughing:

Chad

9. fathead

fathead Junior Member
    from MN

Thanks for for the right name!!!

Matt

10. paponte

paponte Senior Member

That is hilarious he is actually trying to sell that? I can agree, at least he found a use for old loader tires! How mush is he trying to sell that thing for I couldn't find pricing.

11. shooterm

shooterm Senior Member
    from Midwest

On a 1500 cow operation we used it to scrape the alleys. When it snowed out we had about a big box store area to plow that was pretty much all gravel. It worked much better then the snowbucket we used as the material bucket. I didnt get a chance to use it on concrete or blacktop but for gravel it was top notch.

12. snocrete

snocrete Banned

Farmers have been doing this for YEARS.

Actually I think its an awsome concept....and it works well.....He just wants WAY too much. My buddy has made a few of these for SS's & large ag tractors, for a fraction of the cost. I want to say his("BATMAN") pricing was as much, if not more, than what a guy could go out and get a comparable sized rubber edge protech for. Like I said, I think its a good tool, but IMO the attraction should be the "cost" over a typical rubber edge pusher.

13. Buster F

Buster F Senior Member

I have to admit that this idea intrigues me. someday when i have some time i'm gonna have to pick up a quicktach plate, tire, and some steel and maybe slap one of these together.

14. EvenCutLawnCare

EvenCutLawnCare Senior Member

I have a buddy that built one...They burned throught 6 or 7 cutting wheels on the hot saw just getting the tire in half and the quartering one half of that. Its pretty heavy and works surprisingly well. I can get pics if you guys want,

15. Buster F

Buster F Senior Member

Yes - please do. I'd like to see how he rigged it up

16. EvenCutLawnCare

EvenCutLawnCare Senior Member

Will do, They rigged it ti fit a truck mount that they built for a truck with central hydro and it will also pin to a skidster plate. Ill try to run by tomorrow and grab a couple pics.
    Do you have your tire yet?