1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

looking for some info and pics please

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by snowman69, Jan 9, 2011.

1. snowman69

snowman69 Junior Member

i am wondering if anybody who has a new boss power v or vxt if they could post some pics of the bottom of the center hinge i have seen alot of pics of the blade and lights but i have not seen any pics of the bottome or the mounts and the smarthitch system any pics would be great but the center hinge on the bottom would be what i really want to see

2. ProSeasons

ProSeasons Senior Member

Why? Are you trying to fab something up and can't tell us what it is? Patent idea? What's going on?

Kind of an odd question....right?

3. snowman69

snowman69 Junior Member

no i just want to see how boss has changed the bottom of the center hinge and compare it to my plow no secret just curious thats all

4. snowman69

snowman69 Junior Member

nobody can help hard for me to believe

5. snowman69

snowman69 Junior Member

hello nobody wants to help with this

6. zjm

zjm Senior Member

Hope this helps you

IMG_0537.jpg

7. snowman69

snowman69 Junior Member

thank you for the pic it did answer some of the things i was wondering but what i really wanted to see is directly under that center hinge, basically the underside of the plow i am wondering if there is a shoe under there or what boss has done different on the new plows

8. rjlucas4th

rjlucas4th Member

There is no shoe under the center hinge. From what I understand, the new style cutting edges take the place of having shoes on the newer v plows. They do have a spot on each wing for shoes if you want them but nothing for the center. I plow mostly pavement but also a little gravel and havent had any issues so far.

9. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

If you reach under there with your hand you'll find the provision is still there to run a center shoe just as there always has been.

10. zjm

zjm Senior Member

If you go to my thread in Boss section "Boss VXT on Dodge 3500" its on page 1,2,or 3 not sure. I have some pics you can see i run three shoes on it 1- center and one on each wing. If you'd like a close up from the underside i could get it for you later today and post it here for you. Thumbs Up

11. ihdriver7088

ihdriver7088 Senior Member

i belive when he refers to shoes he means the old snowcatcher in the center before the creation of the new formed cutting edges that eliminated for that annoying 70-80 dollar part that tended to get destroyed from time to time

12. snowman69

snowman69 Junior Member

i was talking about the caster shoe it really annoys me when im plowing i took out some of the washers to make it ride higher but it still leaves a trail so then i took it out and the snow catcher would spin around because its formed around the caster shoe i was hoping that boss came up with a better design on the new plows

13. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Several years ago (like many of the brands) they went to formed edges eliminating all the problematic poly snow catchers and troublesome rubber gap fillers.

14. snowman69

snowman69 Junior Member

this may be a dumb thing to ask but what is the real purpose of the center caster shoe what purpose does it really serve