1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Looking for some help

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by danny17, Jan 6, 2006.

1. danny17

danny17 Member

Just bought an st 84 blade and A frame. Just took the two cylinders off because I will be replacing them, but I was on CPW and looking at their a frames for a standard 7 foot straight blade. They give dimentions on each frame(I think three measurements). Obviously I can make the measurements, but I was wondering what each measurement is actually measuring on the A frame. Don't know anything else about the plow other than it's a Meyer st 84 blade and A frame. I detatched the A frame today and it's going to get sandblasted and then powdercoated. If anyone can help me determine absolutely anything on this blade I can get any measurement or pictures up ASAP. If anyone has a frame for this, let me know. Thanks for your time.

2. ta3834bbl

ta3834bbl Senior Member

The 3 measurements you are referring to are the width from pin bracket to pin bracket ( where it is pinned to the truck ), the length which is measured from blade pivot pin straight back to where it pins to the truck (if you had a straight rod going through both truck pin mounts), and sector measurement which is from the blade pivot pin (same as above) to the back of the bracket that holds the sector to the a frame and slides to allow for the sector to pivot across the a frame.

Now how badly have I confused you? lol

This might help... http://www.centralparts.com/Diagram22.aspx If you look at the exploded view, 34 is the back of the sector so measure from here to the blade pivot pin. 35 points to width for the truck mounting point, measure from 35 to the opposite side. 35 is also parallel to where you measure to from the blade pivot to get a-frame length.

34 is either 11 or 15 inches to the blade pivot.
    35 to 35 is usually 23 1/2 inches, and I don't remember the length.

Does that help?

3. danny17

danny17 Member

Thank You!

Thank you so much for your time, it's definetly appreciated. Got everything I need to know.

4. danny17

danny17 Member

lift frame?

Found out my measurements thanks to ta3834bbl, I have a st 84 straight blade and the 11x38x23.5 A Frame, and would like a little bit of knowledge on the lift frame. Sounds like an amateur question, I know, but I think I would need a EZ Mount Classic Lift Frame? I just want someone with experience to double check for me before I start looking for what I need. I am planning on adding more bracing to the back and making this plow as heavy duty as I can with a little work here and there. Does anybody suggest a certain pump against the others? I am presently looking at an E-60 and would like some feedback. I also would like some feedback on the Nite Saber lights. Thanks for your time.

5. ta3834bbl

ta3834bbl Senior Member

Danny, I think you will need a Classic mount, not an EZ mount. With an A-frame that long, you will need to shorten it about 10 inches in order to use an EZ mount. The Classic mount was way underneath the bumper, right in front of the front axle. The Classic will put the mount about 4 inches behind the front bumper. You could use the EZ mount but, the plow will be hanging way out front and your lift chain will be at a big angle instead of straight down. Todd

6. lawnmedic

lawnmedic Senior Member

Your blade is from a conventional mount(pump and headlight bracket permanently attached to truck with bumper mounted to that). This A-frame will cause your blade to stick farther out in front of truck than needed then attached to a classic(ez) mount(removable tube lift frame).This blade will not work well for a full size truck unless you use prowings. This plow with wings would make a good driveway unit. I have refurbished a couple of old meyer blades, good as long as no rust between ribs...

7. ta3834bbl

ta3834bbl Senior Member

Thanks lawnmedic, I was thinking conventional and typing classic. Your right, he has the conventional mount not the EZ (classic). Sorry for the typo mix-up. Todd

8. danny17

danny17 Member

thanks again for the help guys. had just one more question. where would i find a conventional mount (carton) to attatch the A frame to the truck?
    thanks again,
    dan

9. Garagekeeper

Garagekeeper Senior Member

danny17 What make and year truck are you wanting to install your Meyer on?
    I stiil have a few "used" meyer mounts in stock and "may" be able to help you out with one.
    :rolleyes: John...

10. sefh

sefh Senior Member

GarageKeeper I sent you an email.

11. sefh

sefh Senior Member

email returned

Garagekeeper the email I sent came back wodering if you have and pump and plow mount for a CJ7. Thanks

12. danny17

danny17 Member

technically speaking...

couldn't i just buy another A frame? then i could put it right into the 11" sector and use and EZ Mount Classic? i might take you up on a mount garagekeeper, will be in touch.
    thanks,
    dan

13. sefh

sefh Senior Member

14. danny17

danny17 Member

sefh, where in MI are you? I'm in the Shelby Township area and will let you kno what I need, I just need the guys like lawnmedic and ta3834bbl, who are very very knowledgeable when it comes to meyer products, to tell me if another A frame will be able to connect to my 11" sector and what the dimentions are on it. I have the A frame that was listed above, maybe we can trade? or maybe i will just buy it. will let you kno when i get some info.
    thanks,
    dan

15. danny17

danny17 Member

found it!

e-mailed lou, and got the quickest response, yeah i can just change my A-frame and have the ez mount classic set up. i need the A/F Meyer EZ 11 x 34 x 23.5.
    thanks,
    dan