1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Looking for some help

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by IA snoman, Sep 2, 2004.

1. IA snoman

IA snoman Senior Member
    from Ia

I am looking for a wider blade for my plow truck. For some dumb reason, the previous owner put on a 6.5 western on a 77 chevy. Not very smart. I am planning on putting on some prowings here soon, but would still like to find a 7.5 or 8 ft. board for the truck. It has the old mounting system w/pump attached at all times. Any ideas will be helpful.

P.S.
    I also busted a park/turnsignal light on the plow. does anybody know where I could get a new one or even update lights to a rectangle headlight. Is there some way I can update my lights so I can use highbeams with the plow on the truck?

2. grotecguy

grotecguy Senior Member

Check out the Northern store in Des Moines. They had the best prices on lights. They also have a website, I think its www.northerntool.com.
    Hope we see some snow in Iowa this winter,
    Mark K

3. IA snoman

IA snoman Senior Member
    from Ia

Thanks Mark. You continue to give me good advice. Yeah I hope we get a ton of that white stuff payup

4. Dwan

Dwan Senior Member

You might look at putting some wings on that plow to make it wider without adding a lot of weight. and it may be a bit cheeper.