1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

looking for some help with an 8.1

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by comeeonn, Jan 5, 2012.

1. comeeonn

comeeonn Senior Member

hey guys, ive got a little issue on the 02 listed in my sig, haven't have too much time to really look at it yet but im just seeing if anyone has ideas. the fan hits the shroud when its running, however if i stand on the front bumper it stops. nothing seems obviously loose or bent, i dont think its motor mounts but i will check. just seeing if anyone else has come across this.

thanks.

2. NICHOLS LANDSCA

NICHOLS LANDSCA PlowSite Veteran

Did you check the frame? Sorry to say but it's probably broken. Just noticed it doesn't have a plow, maybe the front body mounts are loose?

Last edited: Jan 5, 2012
  3. quicknova

quicknova Member

No electric fans on those I think, fan clutch or water pump?

4. DugHD

DugHD Senior Member
    from Maine

Bad body mounts on front fenders or cab. Front frame bent up for small collision. I have a 01 2500 , that the frame is bent up from plowing. Had to cut bottom of fan shround off with sawzall.

5. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Broken driver side motor mount/frame or a broken trans cross member. Doesn't happen often and it requires some hard pounding to have issues with them but I'll assure you it's one or the other.

6. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping 2000 Club Member

When do you sleep, Mike???

7. comeeonn

comeeonn Senior Member

thnaks for the help guys, i plan on pulling it into my shop soon. there is a pos v10 ford inside now and i gotta finish putting the trans in. ill let you know my findings.