1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Looking for some help pricing.

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by CLService, Nov 3, 2013.

1. CLService

CLService Junior Member

I have done residential driveways but never commercial. Decided to give it a shot this year. Not sure on commercial prices. What would be a ball park price on something like this?
    I’ll be using one truck with a 8’2” boss V-XT snowplow. I also just bought a tailgate spreader.
    The property has a 2” trigger and just the parking lot no sidewalks.
    They would like a per plow price and per salt application price. Thanks for any help.

fayette.jpg

2. CLService

CLService Junior Member

I was thinking $75 per plow and $100 for salting.

3. Buswell Forest

Buswell Forest PlowSite.com Addict
    from NH

[​IMG]

Try 130 plow, 140 salt. Minimum. You will be there 40-45 minutes plowing..and that's with no cars to dodge.

4. jrs.landscaping

jrs.landscaping Senior Member
    from Maine

225 to plow and 150 to salt

5. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Higher on the plow price and lower on the salt,you know they won't call for salt that many times ,so bump them on the plowing and tell them you can give them a better price on salting.Then they will call you more for salt and you'll make more over the long run.

6. CLService

CLService Junior Member

Ok. So this is another one from the same company that needs quoted on so I am looking a $220 per plow & $240 for salt. This one is a little bit bigger than the other one.

Hudson.jpg

7. CLService

CLService Junior Member

When it comes to commercial plowing I know a lot of people go by hour rate, is there a way to figure it out by sq footage? What’s the average price for a sq ft? I’m sure after looking at a few it’s kind of like giving a quote for mowing a yard. You should be able to look at the property and shoot them a price without measuring anything.

8. Buswell Forest

from NH

That second one, $250...and I will revise my opinion on the first one as well....$175 for that one.

9. Buswell Forest

from NH

If my numbers are right, the first one is around 5/8 of an acre, the second one 3/4.

10. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

The first one is .45 acre, 30 minute plow. The second is .75 acre, 45 minute plow.

I couldn't get those prices here, not even in Canadian $'s, :D

11. CLService

CLService Junior Member

Things are pretty cheap around here too.

12. Antlerart06

Antlerart06 PlowSite Veteran

First pic I say $100 per visit with 2'' trigger salt I be at $100 30 mins max 4'' and under
    Second pic I say $175 per visit with 2'' trigger salt be $175 45mins max 4'' and under

Both looks so easy to plow during the night but day might be a different story

If you get these 2 lots buy your self set wings put on that V

13. Buswell Forest

from NH

You have me rethinking my rethinking.

OK, final answer.

$125 small with $40 clean up as needed, $170 large, $40 return for cleanup.