1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Looking for some help, I have a

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by gd8boltman, Jul 21, 2008.

1. gd8boltman

gd8boltman Senior Member

95 GMC K2500, and fuse # 16 in the cab for the Turn Signal/Backup lamps blows each time the key is turned on. This is the only fuse that is blowing. Took a quick peek at wiring harness from cab to taillights, looks just fine, no rubbing anywhere or splices etc. I am in the process of getting a wiring diagram, but I am curious if any of you have seen this problem and if there is an item that perhaps is common.

2. sweetk30

sweetk30 PlowSite.com Addict

on the 88-up style there is a taped off section in the box side wiring for hard wiring a trailer plug in. this might have a problem check it out. its in the middle of the box left to right. taped off in the wire loom stuff.

light green is backup wire color also.
  3. elite1msmith

elite1msmith 2000 Club Member
    from chicago

is the problem when you

A turn the key on?
    B start the truck
    c shift into drive/reverse
    d. use ur turn signals?
  4. gd8boltman

gd8boltman Senior Member

The fuse blows as soon as I turn on the

key, blows immeadiatly. Hazards work fine, looked closely at loom at drivers rear taillight, looks fine.

5. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Just noticed this thread...did you get it figured out?

The '95's had a problem with the wiring harness that runs up the steering column to the multi function switch- which of course includes the turn signal wiring and will pop the turn/BU power fuse if this harness is chafed or pinched.

Easy test is to disconnect the multi function harness connector at the steering column and then turn the key on. If it no longer pops the fuse instantly, you'll know your in the ballpark.
  6. gd8boltman

gd8boltman Senior Member

Thanks B&B, I will check it out and will keep

you posted, I assume it is the multi-wire connector to the left of the column.

7. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Correct. :)
  8. gd8boltman

gd8boltman Senior Member

Just an update for B&B, the pink wire to the

left of the column in the harness that runs from the fuse box was rubbed through, repaired the wire, and it seems just fine. As always I appreciate the assistance from all on this site.

Take Care,
  9. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

That'll do it...congrats on the repair. :drinkup: