1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Looking for some advice!

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by mister_snowplow, Oct 21, 2004.

1. mister_snowplow

mister_snowplow Senior Member

Hi all,
    I am new to this forum as of last week. Currently, I have a full time job with a salary, benefits, and health insurance (huge), but I hate the job, and I'm not happy there. I'm trying to start up my own snow removal/lawn maintenance company (bought a truck and plow), but right now I just can't leave my full time job and be without health insurance, or a steady salary. My frustration is I am not sure how to manage my full time job and my new clients (just got some residences for this winter). I worry that I won't be able to handle both when it starts snowing, and I'll end up losing the small amount of clients I have. Should I try and hire some subcontractors to help if it snows during the hours I'm at my full time job? Have any of you had this problem, I could really use some advice. Please help!

:help: :help: :help: :help:

Thanks, I greatly appreciate your help!

Last edited: Oct 21, 2004
  2. The Boss

The Boss 2000 Club Member

This same situation was discussed in a topic earlier. I'll keep it short and simple. Find a sub that can cover for you while your at work. That way, in case it does snow and your stuck at work, your accounts are still covered. :waving:

3. Boast Enterpris

Boast Enterpris Senior Member

That is exactly what I would do. Not a bad idea to have a sub on back up anyway. :waving:

4. mister_snowplow

mister_snowplow Senior Member

Thanks for the help guys. Sorry I didn't see the post that asked the same thing.

:drinkup: