1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Looking for some advice

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by onlythebest, Dec 27, 2013.

1. onlythebest

onlythebest Junior Member

Looking for some advice kage pusher on driveways

Hello plowsite members!! Just lookin for your thoughts on a couple things I have been contemplating.
    First off, I currently do not plow snow. Right now I have a long time buddy plowing my customers driveways as I am working in the oil and gas industry during the winter.
    I currently have only one truck that I use for landscaping, but will be adding a second brand new truck before spring. My current truck is lifted about 10 inches over stock so I don't plan on plowing with it. But the new truck (2014 f250 gas job) will be a suitable plow truck In my opinion.
    You all are probably wondering by now what the problem is, right? Just go slap a plow on the new truck and geterdone...
    Well this scenario I figure it will be next to impossible to make any money untill my insurance comes down. you see, I'm only 18 and live in Ontario (highest insurance rates on the planet).
    So what I was looking for advice on was;
    A. What are your thoughts on plowing driveways with a bobcat with a kage plow/pusher
    B. would I need to trailer or could/should I just drive the machine to and from sites?
    C. Productivity wise, what can I expect to get done on a tight route in a night?
    D. Is the liability-side of insurance higher than the "plow on truck on road"-side of insurance?
    Thanks for any help

Sorry hit the post button a little early...

Last edited: Dec 27, 2013
  2. jim5x5

jim5x5 Member

I spent the 600 bucks more and got the F350. I wish I had gotten a long bed tho. I only have a 26 gallon fuel tank. Only way to get bigger is long bed or swap out an aftermarket one. Mines a 2013 6.7, and it's great for plowing.

3. onlythebest

I believe my tank on my 08 is 132 litres so 35 gallons?

4. jim5x5

jim5x5 Member

My 2011 F250 is the same way. 26 gal. Might just be a diesel thing. My 01 2500 ram is gas and has 36 gallon thank. When I asked the dealer about it afterwards he said just long beds. But then he knows I'm a diesel guy.

5. onlythebest

Oh no my truck is diesel just the new truck will be gas

6. jim5x5

jim5x5 Member

Hopefully they put a normal sized tank in the gas trucks. It sucks putting 12-15k on a trailer and trying to make good time stopping all the time for fuel. But I see a 50gal tank in my near future. You'll love plowing with it.

7. onlythebest

Lol I know I would but I don't plan on plowing with the trucks I edit my first post I guess you didn't notice sorry I hit the post button before I was done

8. jim5x5

jim5x5 Member

Lol. My bad. I didn't notice that. Well, you won't even notice the bobcat behind it. These are a dream to tow with. Good luck and enjoy.

9. onlythebest

Thanks yeah my truck now is chipped and making some serious power I pull a loaded trailer and the truck handles it like a champ. The new truck will probably never pull anything over 10k most of the time under 5k (maintenance trailer)