1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Looking for some advice.

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by corey0421, Sep 8, 2011.

1. corey0421

corey0421 Junior Member

Hello everyone I am new to this forum. I was just given what seems to be a good opportunity. My girlfriends parents spend the winter in California now so he has no use for his work truck I think its a 04'-05' F-350 dump truck/plow. He said I could use it to make some extra money if I wanted all I have to do is plow a couple of his properties (3 of them). He said he would pay for the insurance on the truck and any maintenance it would need. I don't have any experience plowing but I have someone that said they would teach me the basics. Ideally I would prefer to work for someone else first but I didn't have that option. I guess I have a couple questions so any help is appreciated:

Is the insurance on the truck cover my plowing? I also have general liability insurance on my self for maintenance work I do does that cover it?

What are the easiest ways to just get started and learn the business while making a couple of bucks?

What about taxes?

Any help or advice would be great. Thanks.