1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

looking for some advice on a hydraulic valve for my drop plow

Discussion in 'Residential Snow Removal' started by mike_g, Sep 1, 2007.

1. mike_g

mike_g Junior Member

i have a 93 f-150 with a homemade plow it has a drop plow single actuator on it right now. right now to turn it you have to pull a pin and manually turn and reinstall pin. i want to install to 2 single acting actuators for turning application. my question is what valve does anyone recommend to perform drop application and turning application.i can't seem to find one. Also as it stands there is no valve whatsoever in the truck and i'm mounting a power steering pump(where a/c compressor was) to use as a my plow hydraulic system.the only thing i'm unsure of is the type of valve i need and if anyone has one for sale or has a place on web with one i'd appreciate it thx mike

2. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

That sounds like a lot of monkeying around can you pick up a used complete plow set up?

3. mike_g

mike_g Junior Member

you could say like the challenge on stuff like that and got most of the stuff figured out other then the valve needed to perform the task but i see your point

4. wild bill

wild bill PlowSite.com Addict

valve

i think you need a 4 way valve gresen makes good valves. you will need a valve with two sections, two handles for both operations raise and lower.and lift.

5. mike_g

mike_g Junior Member

A 4 way valve which i assuming for single acting actuators or could i just use the right ports on a double acting 4 way valve(for use with single acting actuators). also would it need float at least in the actuator used to drop my plow and possibly in the 2 actuators used to turn or is their a way around this thx mike

6. #1 plowtech

#1 plowtech Senior Member

Mike G,

I have a complete self contained hydraulic unit with switches . It sounds like exactly what your looking for. Let me know if i may be of any help.

Thanks and have a nice day, Plowtech.:)

7. mike_g

mike_g Junior Member

i purchased a 2 spool control valve first with float, it is for a double acting cylinders. it has input and output and also has 2 ports for each spool. i'm hoping that i can for side to side use 2 single acting cylinders hooking 1 line up for each should be the smae as using 1 double acting cylinder and for my single acting cylinder for drop i'll hook 1 line up and plug the other line. if i would have not started so much into my process i would have been interested in your self contained unit plowtech. and as for my adventure when all my parts are in i'm sure i'll have some q's and if not i'll let everyone know of my results mike

8. #1 plowtech

#1 plowtech Senior Member

Mike G,

Just a thought- Keep your options open for 1 double acting cylinder for your turn cylinder if 2 single cylinders present a problem. Goodluck, Plowtech.:)