1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Looking For Snowex Dealer In Upstate Ny

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by CNYFarmboy, Jan 20, 2005.

1. CNYFarmboy

CNYFarmboy Junior Member

I Have A Sand Pro 1075 And The Auger Stoped Working Last Night. I Believe That Motor Is Turning But, Not Sure I Am Going To Take It Apart Tomorow. What I Am Looking For Is A Dealer In Upstate Ny Syracuse Area That Sells And Can Get Parts For This Item. I Bought The Thing Used From A Guy And He Said He Got It From A Place In Rochester,ny So I Looked Up Places That Sell Plows And The Only Place I Think That Might Sell Them Is Thru-way Spring? So If Anyone Else Knows Of A Place In The Upstate Ny Area Please Let Me Know. Thanks Again

Ps: This Thing Has Been Working Great With The Sand/salt Mix All Winter Til Now@!

Thanks Again

Joe

2. lakeeffect

lakeeffect Senior Member

Gilco in Watertown NY is a dealer

3. Grn Mtn

Grn Mtn PlowSite.com Addict

SnowEx Dealer

Wehner Mower is a SnowEx Dealer, ask for Doug or Larry, and say Roald from Green Mountain Landscape told you to call. I buy a lot of stuff, at least it will start the conversation off nice. 585-227-2160, 2321 Ridgeway Ave, Rochester NY 14626

4. sonjaab

sonjaab PlowSite.com Addict

JOE.........The web site is worthless..........

Call Fierle Dist. in Rochester for a Syracuse Dist. 716 947 0428

Snowex sez they are the main dist for CNY.......

I called the 800 725 8377 main # in Michigan and they don't have a clue
    for a Syracuse dist..............So ya gotta call Fierle direct.

5. CNYFarmboy

CNYFarmboy Junior Member

Thanks, I called Fierle Dist. and they gave me some local dealers but they seem to know little about these spreaders. My problem is the auger transmission on the unit went bad. I got it all apart, and the worm gear inside went bad, there was hardly any grease in the trans. I took it to midway industrial in Utica today and they said that the worm gear is a custom one done only for those transmissions. So I called TrynEx and they said they don't go internal on these units, so throw it away and buy a new transmission. But really all I would like to do is rebuild the one I have. The guy at Midway told me to drill 2 holes in the unit and but a grease fitting on it and drill another one on the other side and pump it full of grease. I am not sure of the age of this unit only because I bought it used this spring, I don't think i can be any older then 2 1/2yrs old. But anyways this is my problem for the week, KNOCK ON WOOD!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks for the info.