1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

looking for snoway, not sure which one!

Discussion in 'Sno-Way Discussion' started by firebug130, Oct 25, 2008.

1. firebug130

firebug130 Member

I'm looking at getting a sno way for my truck. 99 chevy 1500 4wd, ext cab, v8. I have talked to the dealer but there seems to be several options. Anyone have any suggestions.

Any help would be great. Also what about snoway spreaders?

2. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

The 6 cubic foot would be a nice match for your truck, the 4 could do the job but the 6 is much easier to load, and does a little nicer job IMO.
  3. toby4492

toby4492 2000 Club Member

I would agree with Basher, give us some additional information on what type of plowing you are looking to do and we can help you from there.

As far as the spreader is concerned, if you are only doing a few drives then the smaller 4 cubic foot model may be all that you need. If you are doing more salting then that a bigger unit like the 6 or 9 cu ft model may better serve your needs. All models have either on/off or variable speed controls available. They all also provide for positive shut off of the throat so that you do not spill excessive salt while going job to job. The dual paddle set up also allows you to direct where the salt will be spread, whether straight back, to the left or right depending on what your needs are. Here is a link to some additional information on our spreaders.

Thanks for your interest in Sno-Way products. :waving:
  4. firebug130

firebug130 Member

ok more info.

I will be doing some driveways about 500 - 1000 ft each and some small restaurant parking lots, maybe 5 - 6 lots.

I will probably not be upgrading to a bigger 3/4 ton anytime soon unless I have problems with the 1/2 ton. I have used a smaller meyers on a previous truck but really like the SnoWay dealer, just don't know much about the plows.

I have a 2008 tundra that i may put a plow on i fthe chevy gives me problems, I don't think Snoway makes mount for 08 Tundra just yet.

My dealer advised either 26 or 29 series steel plow.

Thanks for any help. I will be deciding very soon.
  5. toby4492

toby4492 2000 Club Member

Thanks for your interest in Sno-Way.

The 26 and 29 series both will work on the Chevy or the Tundra. On the Tundra you could put a 7-1/2 foot 29 series and the 99' Chevy up to an 8' 29 series. If your plans down the road are to upgrade to a 3/4 ton then I would recommend the 29 series now as the 26 series will not transfer to a 3/4 ton application.

DAFFMOBILEWASH PlowSite.com Addict

Get the 7.5' 29 model and hook it up to the Chevy. When you advance to the 3/4 ton move the 29 blade to the Tundra and purchase a new blade for the bigger truck. Even look into a mounting kit for the Tundra and have it ready to go if something silly hapens to the Chev. Better to have a back up plan than have to scramble for some help. IMO dont buy a product for this season look into the future 2-4 years. Nothing worse than buying something you will have to replace in the near future.

As for the salters have a 2 yard stainless snoway salter and love it. Never any issues other than spark plugs. For the salter stay away from the tailgate styles. you will quickly out grow them. Land one bigger project and guess what. You will be shopping again!!!!! I had a 26 series on a 03 Dodge 1500 with a 8' stailess salter with no issues. Just don't expect t carry 2 yards of material.

good luck