1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Looking for Snoway mount.

Discussion in 'Sno-Way Discussion' started by Tahoe99, Jul 25, 2006.

1. Tahoe99

Tahoe99 Member
    from NY

Hi all -

Have an old 25D plow with a full mount from an old F150.
    I am trying to install it on a 2006 Ram Mega Cab 1500 (2500 chasis). Like in the other post, can I reuse the nose piece 96103002 ? Snoway only list subframe # 99100594 for other plows for my truck. Are the mounting points (3 points on the nosepiece) same between 25d and the new ones ?

Thanks

Marcin

2. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

If you have a 1500 frame,the part number is 96100504. If you have a 2500 frame you need, a conversion kit, a mount 96100594, headlight harness and adapters ( you need those if you have lights regardless.)
    If you need the conversion kit etc. it could be better to consider a new plow.
    The mounting points are not at all similar. you might be able to use pieces from both mounts to make one , but it would be trial and error and expensive.
    By the time you consider at least $1,400.00 in parts, and somebodies labor, add the return from selling the old unit and you've got 2/3 the price of a new plow.

3. Tahoe99

Tahoe99 Member
    from NY

Thanks Basher

Mine is 1500 MegaCab short bed which is built on a 2500 QuadCab long bed chasis, so I would need the adapter and all teh other staff.
    I think I'll sell it.

Thanks

Marcin

4. Tahoe99

Tahoe99 Member
    from NY

Paging Basher.

Hi Basher -

I am still thinking about using that 25D on my Ram (it's 1500 Megacab on a 2500 frame so consider it to be 3/4 Ram) . What is the adapter, do you have a part # for it and price ? Also, I am not sure I mentioned that but I still have the old nose piece with 3 points - can I reuse it with the adapter ? I contacted Snoway tech support - no answer from them, I contacted local Snoway dealer where I live - same thing. You seem to respond to all questions :) Where are you located ? If the OEM pieces proof to be very expensive I am thinking about fabricating some bracketry to attach the old nose piece - it may be cheaper - I am not sure. I just tested the plow, I have it on a home made plow dolly, conected all the main cables and this thing moves like new, very quick, up and down, left and right. I'll worry about the lights later.

Thanks

Marcin

5. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

I sent you a PM click on private messages in the welcome box.